Five Thirty

About an hour and a half was spent reading and rummaging through my closet before we left for the marketplace up town. It was only a few minutes up the same road.

She let me drive so I could get use to it. It was very strange.

Fortunately, most chain stores in the city were relatively either similar or the same as the ones in the States, so we had a variety of options.

We started through the mall first and visited all of the decent stores along with a couple candle shops and a small Mexican place for lunch. The mall wasn't tiny, so we'd spent a good chunk of time there before walking a few doors over and to several larger independent store fronts.

I felt bad for basically dragging Allison through all of the teenager-y stores like Forever 21 and Tillys, but she never complained and seemed sort of content, so I didn't try to change anything. After spending a few more hours in the various other clothing stores, we stocked up on meals at the farmers market and headed home.

She let me drive home too. It was very strange.

It was a hot day and we were both sweating by the trip home. The top of the car had been shed and she slowly turned the nob on the inner console until the radio was blasting and the music mixed with the sound of the engine and feel of the breeze.

The shopping trip had been very successful.

For both of us I think.

Allison ended up buying several items of clothing from Marshalls, a couple more scented candles, and a load of food for around the house.

I had a much heavier, much needed, tote full of clothing. I'd gotten a 3 t-shirts from Hottopic, 2 blouses from Urban Outfitters, 4 pairs of shorts from Forever 21 as well as a new swim suit, and a pair of sneakers from Target.

It was 4:47 when we got home.

Jared had spent the day with the doors and windows open while he was cleaning, because it smelled of bleach and sand when we walked through the door. He was bustling around trying to clean up all of his cleaning supplies when we met him.

“Hey ladies,” he sing-songed, scrubbing some stain off the counter.

“Well hello there. How was your day?” Allison replied as she started to unpack the groceries into the cupboards. I'd started to make my way up the stairs to put all of my things away, not really listening to the rest of their conversation.

“Don't forget! Five thirty!” I swung around hearing Allison calling up the stairs from the kitchen. I flashed her a smile and nodded, continuing up the stairs and closing the door behind me.

I opened all the windows upstairs and turned on American Horror Story: Murder House on Netflix. Then I separated all of the clothes into different piles before putting them into the correct drawers.

I'd decided to change into a white blouse with blue printing and a new pair of shorts for dinner.

I walked over to the bathroom to do a quick readjustment of the bun that sat curly and full on the top of my head and washed my face.

For some reason, I got the feeling that it wouldn't matter if I put makeup on my face for Ashton. Like he would probably prefer me leave my face untouched, natural.

So I did.

--- I think only 2 more chapters for today. BUT THEY ARE SO GOOD SO JUST WAIT//