Promise

It had been a few weeks since that night, and those few weeks were spent working and jamming and attending the boys band practices and walking the beach with Ashton. There were only 2 weeks left until school started. It was Christmas week.

Since Christmas Eve was Wednesday, Calum and I had the week off to spend with family. It was Tuesday morning, and I walked down the stairs to an empty house.

I meandered over to the fridge to find a small pink sticky note with my name on it. It read: "Goodmorning! Jared and I are out running errands. There are berries in the fridge if you want. See you around noon."

It was 8:47. So I opened the ice box and pulled out the freshly washed blueberries and rasberries. I grabbed the remote for the stereo off the counter and settled on a stool as Take A Walk by Passion Pit began abruptly in the middle of the lyric. I popped a small blue object into my mouth, and pulled my phone from the elephant decorated pocket of my pajama shorts. There was a text from Ashton.

Ash: goodmorning, lovely :)

He'd only just sent it about 5 minutes ago, so I called him.

He picked up after 3 rings.

"Hello, Beauty." he spoke in his groggy morning voice.

"Hi! Did you just wake up?"

"Just before I sent you that text. How are you on this fine morning? I miss not waking up to you." I could practically hear his dramatic pout through the phone. My cheeks lit up thinking about it.

"We live four feet away from each other, just come over!" I said laughing, and only half joking.

There was a short pause and then a knock at the door and I lept out of my seat, jogging up to the door and throwing myself at him through the opened doorway. He fashioned his black framed glasses, red and black checkered flanel pants and a white t-shirt. His hair was tousled and shined in the morning light from outside. He brought his lips to mine and pushed me inside before closing the door and leaning against it. Our lips parted and I tasted the mint that lingered from his toothpaste. I pulled away and wrapped my arms around his waist, settling my cheek into his chest.

"What does this day hold for us?" he asked after a minute.

I thought for a moment. I still needed to buy a gift for michael, since we'd decided to do a Secret Santa tomorrow night.

"Well... would you mind coming and helping me pick out something for Michael for tomorrow? Have you already bought something for Cal?" I knew he'd gotten Calum and wasn't particularly thrilled about it, but he'd get over it.

It was Christmas for God's sake.

"I've already bought mine, but yeah, of course I'll go."

"Mall, then?" I figured it'd be easiest to find something in the Hottopic.

"Ready when you are," he leaned down and smiled into my lips before slipping out the door again.