Eleven

"Addy, you look beautiful." Chris grabbed her hand as the girls approached the guys in the club.

Adrienne looked down at her jeans and halter top, "last time Lucy made me wear that ridiculous dress. I wanted to be more comfortable this time."

He nodded, handing her a drink, "vodka cranberry." He handed another drink to Lucy, "cherry and sprite."

Lucy smiled, "thank you! We haven't told the girls yet. No one knows but Addy." She set her drink down as Adrienne was talking to Scott, "dance with me Chris."

Chris nodded, following Lucy to the dance floor.

"I never thought I'd be the one to have to have this conversation as the younger sister, but what are your intentions with my sister, Chris?"

He chuckled, "we aren't supposed to be having any intentions. Only fun."

She nodded, "I get that. But come on, we both know you've fallen for her. I know my sister, she's beautiful and strong and incredibly charming. Everyone likes her and she's never been short on male attention. Even when she was with Jake. Let's not start off our friendship lying to each other Chris. It's taken a lot for her to let someone in. What are your intentions after we leave here."

He sighed, "okay. I am falling. Where we go when we leave, I don't really know. We both agreed to no expectations." He looked up to see Adrienne dancing with Scott, laughing. He shrugged, looking back down at Lucy, "I am in love, okay? But I don't know. Like you said, it's taken a lot to get her to let me in. I'm afraid of scaring her away."

Lucy nodded, "she does spook easy. She just feels guilty. Once she gets over feeling guilty it will be easier."

Chris shrugged, "I know that. But I don't know how to make her stop feeling guilty."

"You can't. She has to do it on her own Chris."

"They're talking about me." Adrienne looked at Chris and Lucy talking while she danced with Scott.

Scott laughed, "is everything about you? Maybe they're talking about me?"

Adrienne looked back at him, laughing, "maybe."

He sighed, "he's already in love with you you know."

Adrienne nodded, "I know." She sighed looking to see Chris looking at her.

Scott nodded, "and you?"

She looked back at Scott, "I don't know. It's complicated. I could love him. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet though. And I don't want to hurt him."

Scott sighed, "well, he's probably going to get hurt no matter what. He wears his heart on his sleeve. He's going to be hurt when we leave here no matter how you decide you feel."

She groaned, "I don't even know where I'm going or what I'm doing when we leave here. We have the wedding and then after that, I have no clue what I'm doing."

He nodded, "I know. Maybe you could look for jobs in Boston?"

She laughed at his smirk, "maybe." She felt Chris place his hand on her back.

"Can I have her back now?"

She laughed as Scott scoffed.

"Fine. You can have her."

She saw Scott wink at her as she placed her arms around Chris's neck, "hi. You talking to my sister?"

He laughed, "you talking to my brother?"

Adrienne nodded, "they're worried about us. After we leave here. I'm worried too Chris."

He sighed, "I know. Me too. Let's not think about it tonight. Tomorrow is our last day together. We can talk about it then?"

"Okay. Kiss me?"

Chris smirked, biting his lip, "yes please." He heard a small moan as he crashed his lips into hers.

🎵 Every time I see your face
My heart takes off on a high speed chase
Now don't be scared, it's only love
Baby, that we're falling in
I can't wait till tomorrow
This feeling has swallowed me whole
And know that I've lost control
This heart that I've followed
Has left me so hollow
That was then, this is now, yeah you have changed everything
Every time I see your face
My heart takes off on a high speed chase
Now don't be scared, it's only love
That we're falling in
I would never do you wrong
Or let you down or lead you on
Don't look down, it's only love
Baby, that we're falling in
I'm standing in your driveway
It's midnight and I'm sideways
To find out if you feel the same
Won't be easy, have my doubts too
But it's over, without you I'm just lost, incomplete
Yeah you feel like home, home to me
Every time I see your face
My heart takes off on a high speed chase
Now don't be scared, it's only love
That we're falling in
I would never do you wrong
Or let you down or lead you on
Don't look down, it's only love
Baby, we're falling in, fallin' in
All those nights I stayed away
Thinking of all the ways to make you mine
All of those smiles will never fade
Never run out of ways to blow my mind
Every time I see your face
My heart takes off on a high speed chase
Now don't be scared, it's only love
That we're falling in
I would never do you wrong
Or let you down or lead you on
Don't look down, it's only love
Baby, that we're falling in
Don't be scared, it's only love
Baby, that we're falling in🎵

He leaned down to her ear before leaving the dance floor, "don't be scared, it's only love that we're falling in." He felt her squeeze his hand as she looked up at him.

"You feel like home to me."

**********************************************************************************

Adrienne laid on her back in Chris's bed, staring at the ceiling. "What do you have planned for us tomorrow?"

He chuckled, rolling to face her, "more of this hopefully. But mostly, just you and me, alone. All day." He brought his hand to her cheek to make her face him, "that is if your sister can spare you. And if you want to spend the day with me."

She nodded, pulling him onto her, "she can. And I really do. Now bring those lips back here." She heard him moan before pressing his lips firmly to hers, pinning her underneath him once more.