Thirteen

"When the daylight comes we'll have to go."

Adrienne groaned, hearing Chris next to her as she opened her eyes into his.

He brought his hand to her hair, brushing some out of her face, "we have to get out of bed love."

She looked at the time, groaning, "why didn't you wake me up sooner?"

He smiled, "because I wanted to watch you sleep for a bit. I don't when I'll get to do that again. If ever."

Adrienne sat up, "I have to get dressed and meet the girls. We could have had a proper goodbye."

He laughed, standing up from the bed to get get dressed. "I think we did it plenty the last 24 hours. Not sure I've had so much sex in a 24 hours period."

She nodded, getting dressed, "even when you hooked up with more than one woman in 24 hours?"

He groaned, "come on now. Don't do that. Don't start a fight before we have to say goodbye Addy."

She sighed, "I know. You're right. I'm sorry." When she finished dressing she saw him put his arms out. She obliged, burying her head in his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. "Let's just say goodbye here?"

Chris nodded, kissing her on her head before she pulled away to look at him, her eyes more green than normal. He groaned, "please don't cry. We'll spend some time apart and see if we still feel the same. We have each other's numbers. One month. Okay?"

She nodded, sighing again, "okay. And in that month you're going to have countless one night stands and forget all about me."

He groaned, pulling away from her as he started shoving things into his suitcase, "I thought we agreed not to start a fight before we left?" He sighed, looking at the ground with his hands on his hips, "look. I'm not going to sleep with anyone during the month. Okay? I promise. Please Addy. Just kiss me and go."

"I'm sorry." She smirked, "you promise you won't sleep with anyone else? You promise to pine after me for the next month?"

He laughed, pulling her back to him, "I promise to pine." He put his arms up, "just call me Chris Pine!"

She laughed, "you're an idiot."

He nodded, "I know." He kissed her softly on the lips. When he pulled away, he brought his finger to her lips, "I get the last word. After I say this I need you to go and figure out how you feel. Nod so I know you understand." He smiled as she smirked and nodded, "I love you Adrienne. I don't need more than a week to know that. But I need you to go home and figure out if you're ready to move on or not. And if you can overcome the guilt being with me."

She waited until he removed his hand, "Chris..."

"No." He pulled her to him once more as his tongue found hers, eliciting a moan from both of them. He sighed when he pulled away, "please go."

She watched him avoid her gaze for a moment before leaving him alone in his room.

****************************************************************************

Adrienne looked at her phone, resisting the urge to message Chris as she sat in the living room of her parent's house.

"What is going on with you? For that matter, both you and your sister have been acting weird since you got home."

She looked up at her mother, Tracy, "what do you mean?"

She shrugged as she sat next to her daughter, "you left depressed. I was worried about you. Now you're not depressed, but you aren't exactly happy either. And your sister is moody."

Adrienne laughed, "Lucy is always moody."

Tracy titled her head, watching Adrienne, "see, I haven't heard you laugh like that in a while. And Lucy is more moody than normal."

Adrienne shrugged, "I don't know what to tell you mom." She looked up to see Lucy enter the house, motioning for Adrienne to follow her. She leaned over, kissing her mom on the cheek before following Lucy upstairs to her room. "So?"

Lucy nodded, handing her the sonogram, "9 weeks. I'm going to be 12 by the wedding. What am I going to do?"

Adrienne nodded, placing her hands on her sisters shoulders, "first of all, breath. You're about to get married, who cares what anyone thinks." She brought her hand to Lucy's cheek, "you're going to be a great mom. Okay? Stop worrying." She sat on the edge of the bed, "mom is suspicious. Of us both. Apparently I'm not sad nor happy enough for her liking."

Lucy laughed, "does she want you to be sad?"

Adrienne shrugged, "I think she sees I'm stuck here in limbo. And she thinks you're far more moody than normal."

Lucy groaned, sitting next to her sister, "am I? Do you think she thinks I'm pregnant?"

Adrienne stood up, sighing, "no. When we said goodbye, Chris said he loved me."

"What?! We've been home a few days and you're just now telling me? What else did he say?"

She shrugged, "that we would take the month. Or more aptly, that I take the month and decide how I feel and if I'm ready to move on."

Lucy smiled, standing up, "and? Are you ready to move on?"

"Maybe? I don't know." She sighed, "look. I will take the heat off of you from mom and dad. For the next few weeks, they'll be hounding me." She left Lucy's room, leaving the door open.

Lucy followed her sister, "what does that mean?"

Adrienne found her mom and dad Mike, on the couch. She took a deep breath, "I'm acting weird because I met someone while we were on vacation."

"Adrienne." Lucy grabbed for her sister's hand but she pulled it away.

"It's fine Luce." She waited as she watched her parents process the information.

"What do you mean you met someone? Already?" Tracy was the first to speak up.

"Isn't it a little soon? Just jumping to someone else?"

"Dad!"

Adrienne shook her head at Lucy, "it's fine. I told you, it's fine." She looked back at her parents, "yes. But not already. It's been more than 6 months. And I've barely left my apartment except for when I've had to."

Mike scoffed, "so you meet a random man on vacation and you somehow think it will be serious? He prayed on you being vulnerable. Have you heard from him since you've been home?"

"No, but..."

He stood up, "see."

"Dad." She watched him leave the room before she felt Lucy pull her away. She waited until they were back in Lucy's room, "do you think he's right? Do you think Chris has changed his mind now that he's home?"

Lucy groaned, "Of course he hasn't. You just told me he said he loves you. He isn't going to stop feeling that way in a few days."

Adrienne nodded as she began to pace, "unless dad is right and it was just a fling and so he said what he had to to get what he wanted."

Lucy scoffed, "oh please." She grabbed her sisters hand to make her stop pacing and look at her, "if that were the case he would have chosen someone a lot easier than you."

Adrienne laughed, "thanks?"

Lucy shrugged, "you know what I mean. I appreciate you trying to take some heat off me, but I can't have you regressing and falling back to how you were when we arrived there. Please. He loves you. He told you that himself. He told me he fell for you. Now stop."

She sighed, nodding, "I know. You're right. Just keep reminding me that as I have to listen to their comments over the next few weeks."

"I will."