Mending silk

There was a knock at the door seconds later the door was opened and it reviled a very frantic Trudy. "Ah Trudy I cannot come to thank you in the slightest. If there is anything I can do for you, don't Hesitate to ask. Now the matter of the dress, it's tattered and mangled I had it taken up to the cleaning staff in hopes to get rid of the stains and they accomplished just that" "my what an exquisite dress" Trudy held onto the very silk fabric her complexion scrunched as she put her hand through the front abdomen of the dress shaking her head at a hole that other wise shouldn't have been there, her complexion changed the moment she put it on the sewing manikin. "Adalyn, this is Adalyns dress how on earth did you get it and what had happened to it, it's one of her favourites from the best designer back home!" Trudy became more forward wanting an explanation instantly. "Well yes it's Adalyns dress there's was a turn of unfortunate events last night that left both of us rather  disgruntled" as I began to explain the situation and events that had past to Trudy her understanding was that much more. But then again I had a question on my mind, how on earth did she know this was Adalyns dress, I'd she had known Adalyn wouldn't she have known what had happened the evening following? "Trudy" I cleared my throat and began "how did you recognized this dress as Adalyns are you a common amongst her?" I asked as she started unpacking her sewing methods. "Well If you must know Mr.Andrews I'm a maid for the Huges, that includes but is not limited to Adalyn" of course that had made much more sense! Trudy was a bright woman but much different from Adalyn so I could not imagine them getting along commonly. "Well thank you much once more, you can set up where ever you like I have a few things to attend to I'd much rather spend my day keeping you company but I'm afraid I'll be in and out of my suit for the midst of the day Trudy, if you need me I'll be on the ship"
"I'm fine here Mr.Andrews, the dress shall be done before lunch I presume" with that I smiled at her and was out the door. I headed down the only set of stairs leading to the first class cabins. "Ah cabin a there you are" I thought to myself my heart raced with enthusiasm as I'd waited since the moment I dropped her off to see her acquaintance again. As I knocked on the mahogany door I heard shuffling and then the door was wandered by a man. He looked familiar I remember sighting him at last nights dinner, he probably didn't know who I was. "Ahhh Mr.Andrews what a pleasant surprise don't just stand there do come in" I immediately accepted his invite. "Honey, Mr.Andrews is here the creator of the worlds finest ship along side Harland and Wolff, do excuse me I'm James Huges Adalyns father and kathleens husband" he motion towards his beautiful wife who appeared to be quite young, her features were striking but she didn't resemble Adalyn a fair bit, neither of them did to be fair. "The accent are you a New Yorker Mr.Huges?" I studied him and a smile appeared "well yes in fact I am, what gave it away was it the accent?" "Oh it always is" his wife's British accent intoxicating the room. We all laughed. " well I suppose your all wondering what has me greeting you fine people this morning" "well our bath is working so it can't be that!" Kathleen declared in a laughing matter looking at her husband who was laughing as much as she. "I'm afraid not, everything seems to be running better then a grandfather clock, I was on my way down here to ask for your permission to court your daughter, Adalyn" I clasp my hands together and they look amongst themselves. Kathleen the first to speak up "well Mr.Andrews the way I heard you handle the events last night and from the way my daughter goes on about you there's no man who would be deserving enough to court her" a few more sentences were exchanged between the three of us and then I was headed for the door, upon opening it I stood in the hall and turned to them both. "Do you have any idea upon her wear abouts this am?" James spoke up with his American accent "well where would you find yourself Mr.Andrews?" And with that i nodded my head and was off to the first class promenade.