Lavish

2 months later...

I was happy. Happily married I wore a long modest white of course lace dress. It was beyond dreamy. Thomas and I said I do on top of his half finished ship, ironic in many ways it made him happy and it made me happy my mum of course thought I was crazy oh well perhaps I was?
    The girls you ask? Well I Had done some research though I didn't want to I thought I owed it to them and their parents to at least try.
  So I befriended a sherif and he helped Thomas and I track down their relatives, and as it turns out the girls had an auntie and uncle right here in Brooklyn! As happy as I was for them I was equally as sad. I had thought of them as my own. The girls left about a week ago calling me everyday and giving me updates.
         I feared one of those day when the calls would end but for now they were everyday. Their auntie Martha seemed to fancy Thomas and I and we had planned a trip for the next year.
        Children? Thomas and I had been trying for the last two months and coming up empty handed. I went through so many clinical tests as did Thomas but we decided to focus on something else as it was equally as heart breaking as loosing the girls.
     We had been splattered on every newspaper at least once a week. For Thomas mostly but then I had a hand in as well the camera seemed to love me. 
I had started a fashion company for women I had launched so many boots and shoes and dresses it had really taken off. Though Thomas, would never let me buy dinner.
  I think my brand was so popular with the New York girls because they loved my accent so they thought I knew more about fashion then the average American. Though older women hated me.
I had even started designing wedding dresses. So I came up with this idea. And I pitched it to Thomas's new company without him knowing I went in with a disguise I wanted to get my foot in the door on my own. Thomas was really surprised when I came to him later and told him.
   For weddings we could offer my dresses and pictures or even honeymoons on his boats as they often sailed around the world. And he of course loved it!

There was a few things about Brooklyn I didn't like. We had a big back yard and a short drive to the docks but at night it was no place for a lady. Topping it off there were lots of illnesses.
I was slightly gloomy and sad every since we stopped trying for a baby. It didn't matter how happy we were or how much we had accomplished, I had felt as though one of the only things a woman can do/supposed to do was stripped from me. I tried not to look at the world in a distorted way but as I'm British I'm dramatic, Thomas says he's glad we met he couldn't imagine either of us with anyone else.

Later last week I had walked in to Thomas's beautiful office with wooden beams and steel used on top to add a steerage feel to it and did it ever!
I walked in to see his mechanic kissing and grubbing some woman I was appalled. They had knocked over all of his brief cases and such. I stood there watching for a mere minute with Thomas himself walked in glancing down at me and smiling until I pointed out the mess and the two responsible for it.
I might have to buy beets because he went about 30 shades of red in the flash of a couple seconds.
    He kicked me out of the room and then I heard an amount of profanity's I hadn't thought was possible as he fired the mechanic whom left the room head hanging low. I jumped as I heard the door open Thomas, looked unbearably stressed.

     I gave him a helpless look of pity as my arms reached for his face and we were once more caught in each other's embrace.
    "I know this hasn't been easy on you dear, I can't begin to imagine, say we take a break. My shop has out done it's self and put us on the map once more. we need a break dear husband." He looked down at me and hugged me right letting his eyes spill on the back of my cardigan. He said nothing as he took my hand locked the door and lead me home.
   As we walked down the dark side walk the stars danced above us and the wind tugged at my hair as the moon lit up our faces. Thomas looked down at me and smiled his classic smile as he chuckled.
  "Now what's this you are going about?" I looked up at him an eyebrow raised.
      "Just you in the moonlight, just your hand in my hand."
  I cut him off with a passionate kiss his eyes lingering on me.
   "Let's get out of the streets way darling"