Home sick...

2 week time skip brought to you by Thomas's accent.

Thomas and I were happily settled in our new home. I had gone to a couple farmers to view some horses and ended up deciding on a hardy quarter horse and a Belgian crossed thoroughbred. When they were delivered I was beyond ecstatic! We had just the two pens set up and lots of grazing for them. I called the quarter horse whiskers and the Belgian cross snow. Simple names really but I adored them. I was in the middle of tacking up whiskers for a ride when I had the overwhelming feeling that I was going to be sick. I ran out behind the barn.
Thomas had found me minutes later hunched over and vomiting.
"Are you alright dear?" He bent down beside me and caressed my back.
"Was if something you ate? Let's get you inside and cleaned up shall we? I can run a hot bath?" He helped me stand up like I was malfunctioning or something.
"Oh dear what about whiskers he is pawing the ground, he's just as excited for a ride as I am, he needs a good gallop he's getting tubby" my remark made Thomas laugh
"Let's see how you feel in a bit, I'll untack him and put him in the pen I'm sure a bit more grazing couldn't hurt that tubby fellow"
Thomas opened the door and went upstairs to run a bath, leaving me in a very odd state.

45 minutes I had been in the bath for the better part of an hour, thankfully there was no nauseous feeling and I was starting to feel much more settled. It was more than likely the stress of the move and the excitement from getting two horses, I was sure enjoying this new chapter.

Thomas's company had taken over the better part of 5 states thus far, he wanted to sell his partnership but I advised against that.
He said "I don't forget of those we lost, I believe I could better the future of ships but if I'm wrong I don't need all those souls stacked up against me" and I suppose he was correct.
He didn't go a single week without a nightmare regarding the titanic. He thought it was fair that he, deserved it but he couldn't have been more wrong.

"My dear" almost on cue he steps towards the bathroom door, the floor creaking slightly.
"Thomas"
"Whiskers is put about in his paddock and your tack is in the barn. Are you feeling better yet? Shall I ring for a doctor?"
"I'm certainly not out of the woods yet but I feel much better I don't think a doctor will be necessary thanks love. Now I do believe I've been in the tub much to long I'm started to become pruny I'll be down in a short while"
"Alright darling, if your truly feeling better I say we grab the horses and don't come back until the sun sinks" I nodded my head eagerly hoping that I could act through this enough to ride.

"Alright my dear I fair I'm ready for our ride, apples for the horses, carrots for the horses and coffee and scones for us." I spun in the kitchen as I packed a wicker basket full of Picnic foods. Thomas stood for a moment watching me with his crooked grin.
"Well Adalyn as long as we have some food I'm sure the picnic will be successful. I'll be out saddling the horses. Do you prefer whiskers or snow?"
"Whiskers! In my side saddle if you may darling"
"Of course meet us out front in a couple moments time."
With that thomas left, the door stuttered slightly as it whacked against the frame.
Without a moments notice I caught myself running up the stairs and ducking my head into the toilet. I tried to suppress the feeing of wanting to get sick but that, as it so happens that only made that worse.
The front door opened. Startled, knowing it was Thomas I washed my face applied some more lipstick washed my mouth and sunk into the kitchen.
"Oh there you are dear ready to go? I got the boys all saddled up. Your right whiskers seems rather Antsy." Thomas guided his wife to the door
"Your not sick again are you? Riding can wait you know"
"Oh no dear I'm fine right as the rain! I can't wait to take these chaps for a well needed ride" I tried my best to be over enthusiastic to hide how I was really feeling. The truth was I really did want to take the boys out but I wasn't feeling the best. I hope I could last the duration of the ride without sickness symptoms.

An: what's Adalyn really hiding? And why is she scared to tell her husband? Have her parents found out about the move? Find out in the next chapter
Xoxo marvel