Tea

As we went down the grand stair case hand in hand the muffles began as a crowd gathered near the bottom of the staircase. My mom ran out with my father in tow she grabbed the camera and stood it on its legs and began filming Thomas and I, which of course earned more muffled whispers. Then Agnes appeared and I haven't thought much about her, but she's a typical first class mother and thinks it's absolutely atrocious that's I'm in another mans company then my fathers and not married and then there's the fact of the age gap making this an even more overly big deal then her small peanut of a Brain can even understand to handle and yet here we are.

"Ah Adalyn you look lovely dear too bad no one has really intentions with you other then to be your suitor and that my darling looks incredibly tacky, I expected more from you but I can see the American in you through and through".  She tilted her head back obviously pleased with the spectacle she's made

(Sorry to those American readers meant no offence)

As I went to open my mouth and let a hellish bit of British out, Thomas put a hand on the small of my back and began to "address" a situation that needed no attention no more at least then it had already had.

"Agnes is it?" He questioned not giving her time to answer

"What this fair lady and I do is our business and just that of ours no one else's, she's of age and if there was to be an issue her parents wouldn't allow this" as he gestured between us gathering an even larger crowd if that was possible!
"I'm in love with Miss Hughes"

*enters third person narrative view"
As Thomas tilted his head slightly above Adalyn's his arms reached around her neck softly pulling her towards him and laying his lips into hers the kiss deepened as Adalyn melted into it. What the both didn't know was just how long each of them had wanted that just that a kiss. As his lips lingered a little longer they pulled away and walked to tea, leaving a very disgruntled crowed.

As the two go to their table Thomas pulled the seat out for Adalyn once seated he scooted it subtly forward and took a seat opposing her. She shot him a questioning glance he only winked at her, leaving her entirely lost in thought when her parents appeared on either side of her. "Great" she thought more to add to this morning how the day has started she may as well jump over board.

"Darling! We've missed you, you come on a trip with us across the ocean and we hardly see you, though I can tell you've been busy" Kathleen motions towards Thomas. Leaving a very blushed Adalyn

"Now mum I assure it's nothing of that sort I simply needed to insure my stitches would hold as you see they tore away once already" Adalyn mentions

"Oh dear I had absolutely no idea are you alright what lead to them tearing away? I should take a look, I'll bring you back to the cabin for a once over you know I used to be pretty good at mending these sorts of things" she stands up with Adalyn in tow and winks
"James, Thomas we'll be back shortly please order for us" and with that Adalyn began protesting all the way to the Cabin