Come home

Snow was falling a rare and exceptional sight in Brooklyn. Harper had a small two story home just north of the Main Street.  Adalyn woke up on the second story, the next morning. It was cold not being fully insulated and all but she made it work.

"Harper do you have more socks? I'm out!"
   "Yes I do. Is the floor that cold?"
  "I can hear you snickering from downstairs now come on I'll be surly late at this point!"
      The truth was I missed Thomas dearly It wasn't that I didn't love him because I did ever so. We had gone through so much it felt as though we conquered the world. And yet all that needed to come between us was my mother. Who's approval I didn't need  but wanted. I was supposed to meet Thomas in ten minutes but it looked as though I would be late. As I ran down the cold hard wood stairs I was greeted with the warm aroma of bacon and eggs.

   "Harper, are you making breakfast? I'm starving!"
   "Why yes darling I made you a small plate already, it's on the table! The phone had been ringing off the hook, first my mom then your mom, then Thomas, then... uh i no one."
   That's odd
I scarfed down the bacon and Vienna sausages with eggs and washed them down with orange juice.
    "Don't forget your coat!"
Harpers gloved hand passing me my coat.
"What would I do without? I should be back at the store in an hour or so!"
   "Well dear don't rush back"
With that I was out the door. I had to walk about two blocks to the restaurant where I would meet Thomas. Jack Frost Nipped at my nose and cheeks as I tried to keep warm. It was fairly bleak out snow grey, skies, and the suns many failed attempts at showing it's self. As I continued my walk down the street, I felt like I was being watch. I turned and looked over my shoulder to be met with the emptiness of the street. It was early but I'm sure the good people of Brooklyn had places to go no?
Shaking off that absurd thought I stepped into the restaurant and saw Thomas looking over a menu, flat on the table as he stirred his tea. Our eyes met and I was met with his features lighting up as a smile danced across his face, exact to the same night we met. And once more I fell for him, it was like nothing in my heart had changed and everything in my mind had.

"Adalyn! Dear over here" Thomas waved me down as he stood up from his seat at the booth.
"Thomas!" I ran up to him and embraced him with a hug and a long deep kiss filled of passion. He smelled just as I remembered him, aboard the Titanic. Vanilla, cloves the slight hint of whiskey. Once we mutually ended the kiss, more then a couple folks were watching us. Some in disgust and some in admiration. I flushed deeply when the couple at a table nearby started clapping.

"My dear you sure know how to make an entrance! Almost as much as you know how to disappear from your husband and hide off like a stowaway while being in a delicate state" I flushed half expecting Thomas to tear into me about abandoning him and how abnormal I'd been acting as though I was his astray wife. So you can imagine how surprised I was when he took my hand from across the table and began laughing his thundering laugh.

"My Adalyn I did not ask you to meet me here today to apprehend you for how you acted, I was at first very panicked thinking you were scooped up by some commoner amping there streets but then Harper had answered the phone at your store and I thought maybe you needed a day or a week even to your self, not knowing that you had slept on the floor of course. I miss you dear so very much there's a grave emptiness at home without you and I never want it to be like that again, hell Adalyn I'll do the best I can to cook and clean if that is thee problem or we can hire a maid..." as I glanced up at my husband how seemed to be bartering with me his eyes were wondering all over trying to read my features, I immediately felt bad, bad for leaving and not telling him all over an argument that bloody hell could have been avoided. And as I sat here in the leather booth staring at my husband I realized the fight was more so with my mother and I hadn't been mad at him At all so, there really was no reason to barterz.

"Thomas my dear husband, which to whom I've been through so much with including sailing across the world, starting a new life, as well as saving and raising two young girls. You haven't the need to barter with me. I'm your wife. And I want to come home."
Thomas stood up from the table leaving cash with the bill and took Adalyn by the hand outside. They didn't get more then a few steps out the door when Thomas bent down to kiss her. There kiss was more passionate then it had ever been, the people walking the streets would swear they saw a light or two pop with their passion.
As Thomas parted from the kiss, their lips just inches apart from one and other he whispered "I couldn't have very well done that in there, all those modest Prudes watching a passionate Irishmen kiss his English wife in Brooklyn! They would surely never understand!"
And with that the couple drove home in the snow covered roads blissfully, as Adalyn completely forgot about her little stalker.

An: hope you guys enjoy this one! Happy new year 🥳