Chapter 21 - I am really scared

I walk up the stairs, hoping to find Bucky. Then I hear whistling coming the kitchen, I immediately know who it is. I walk round the corner to Bucky making a sandwich, as soon as he sees me, Buck pulls me into a hug. I really needed that.

'Hey, my beautiful bear, are you ok?' I hug him tighter. 'Yeah, I am fine, Bucky Bear but I need to talk to you'. He looks worried. 'Good or Bad', I look at him smiling the biggest smile. 'Definitely good'. He relaxes a little bit 'Ok, what do you want to talk about then?'

'I found something out today and it is pretty exciting. I never thought I would be saying this Bucky but you are going to be a Dad' His eyes widen filled with tears and a huge smile frames his face. 'Wait, what do you mean?' I nod. 'I am pregnant' He immediately pulls me into a hug, lifts me up and spins me round. All I can do is smile and laugh.

'How long?' Bucky asked confused trying to think. 'I don't know but I think I am around 3 months. It was only today that I realised that I have skipped 3 periods.' His eyes widen once again. 'Oh wow that is amazing. Hold on, when did it happen then?' I just laugh. 'Your birthday weekend when we went away. It was amazing before but the weekend just got better'

'Oh baby, I am so excited.' He smiles but all I feel is worry. 'So am I, but I am really scared. What if something goes wrong?' He looks at me with love in his eyes 'Nothing will go wrong. I won't let anything go wrong and I won't let anyone hurt either of you, I promise'

I know he won't let anything happen but I still can't help but have this worrying feeling in the pit of my stomach. 'What if it isn't real? What if something happens to our little one again? What if Hydra come ...' Before I can say anything, else Bucky pull me into a tight, loving hug. 'Hey baby, you can't think like that. I promise I won't let anything happen to you two. You both mean the world to me and this time is different because you aren't by yourself, you have me, you have your dad and the rest of the Avengers to help and support you. I know how scared you are, baby because I am too but we need to stay positive and focus on the fact we are going to be parents'

He is right. This time will be different ... it is different. 'I love you, Bucky'. He smiles, 'I love you too, Anya'. In the same breath, Bucky bends down to my stomach and rubs it, 'I love you as well pumpkin, more than you would ever believe.' I start to get emotional; everything is going to be ok. 'We are going to become parents and have a perfect little family'

'Hold on, did you just say you're going to become parents' I turn round and see my Dad looking confused. This was not the way I wanted to tell him. 'Oh god Dad, I didn't realise you were standing there. Yes, we are please don't be mad' He looks even more confused. 'I didn't think you could get pregnant'

'There was a very low percentage of a chance that I could conceive and it turns out I have. I am so excited but so scared' I hold on to Bucky tighter. 'I am so happy for you, both of you. I know how much you want this and you are going to be a great mom. How far along are you?' He smiles, thank God he isn't mad. 'About 3 months, we are going for a scan in a couple of days. I don't want to tell anyone else until the scan' Dad nods understanding.

'Who else knows?' My Dad asks. 'Us three, Nat, and Wanda' I lower my head in worry. I know Bucky and my Dad said it is going to be ok and they are probably right but I can't stop worrying.

My Dad puts his arms on my shoulders which makes me look up. 'I am really proud of you, A. Listen sweetie, I know you are going to be worried and apprehensive but we all going to make sure that you and this little one is safe and well, I promise' I smile and hug him. 'Thanks Dad, that means a lot' Dad hugs me tight, once I let go, he walks to Bucky shaking his hand, congratulating him. After that we sit down and chat for a while.