Chapter 18 - Long Story

As I walk into the cafeteria and grab my food, I go to sit down at the table with Meredith, Izzie, George, and Alex, they all look at me. 'What are you guys looking at?'

'You can't sit here' I am confused by Meredith's comment. 'Why not?' I look at her confused. 'Well, you are leaving us so you can't sit here' Izzie acts hurt by me leaving. I just laugh and sit down.

'I will still see you, I just won't be working at this hospital' I confirm. 'So, which hospital are you going to?' Meredith asks. 'I am not going to a hospital' I am sick of this conversation already. 'Are you giving up surgery?' George asks confused.

'I am not giving up surgery, it has taken me God knows how long to qualify and I am not giving up now. I am becoming the official doctor to the Avengers' Right it is out there. 'Bloody hell, I wasn't expecting that. How did that happen?' Alex asks as he continues eating his sandwich.

'Long story' I really don't want to go into. 'Was it to do with you know who, you seeing what's his name and telling him about the man' I think I understand what Izzy is saying 'Sort of'

'Wait I am confused' George intervenes really confused. 'Right if I tell you this you can't tell anyone else, do you understand?' I can't believe I am going to tell them this. 'Why?' Alex asks. 'Because if you tell anyone else, I will have to kill you' He thinks I am joking, I am being serious.

'Ok, so you know how I said that you can't meet my dad because he lives far away' George and Alex nod. 'Well doesn't actually live in Texas, he lives in Upstate New York at the Avenger's Compound. Oh, and his name isn't Edward Fitzroy, it is Tony Stark'.

Their faces drop 'Wait, Tony Stark is your Dad'. Could Alex have said any louder. 'Don't worry Alex, just tell the world' I shake my head as the other just laugh. 'Sorry, that is just really cool'. Suddenly George's eyes widen, 'Hold on you said that your boyfriend works with your dad. Does that mean your boyfriend is an Avenger?' I forgot about that.

'He is but I can't tell you who'

'Let me guess you will kill me?' We all laugh. 'Does your dad know about him now?' Alex asks. 'He does and he took it a lot better than I thought. I know he isn't best pleased but I am happy so he doesn't really mind much'

'Well, that is good. When do you start? Please say you are leaving tomorrow' I just roll my eyes at him. 'God, you sound like Hunt, he said that same thing to me. You have me for another week yet so you are unlucky in that aspect. You aren't getting rid of me though; Seattle Grace is the assigned hospital for the Avengers so when there are major incidents you will probably see me. Hopefully that isn't too often though'

'We will still see you less. I will miss you' Izzie smiles. I have been with these people for ages. They are some of my closest friends. 'I am going to miss you guys too'

'What made you decide to move?' Alex asks intrigued. 'I love this hospital so much, it is like my second home but I want something different, something more and this was the perfect thing I was looking for' I say.

'Don't you need to be able to fight?' George wonders. 'I was trained by Russian assassins and spies' I say bluntly but honestly. 'I really can't mess with you then, can I?' Alex puts his hands up as if surrender, idiot. 'You can but you will lose'

'I will definitely lose as I wasn't trained by assassins. I wish I was' Alex sighs. He really wishes he wasn't. 'Trust me Alex, you don't. Training with Steve is fun though because I usually beat him however when I don't it is usually because I let him win. Gives him a well needed ego boost.'

'Wait Steve as in Steve Rogers as in Captain America' George gets excited. Clearly, we have found a fan of Captain America. I just nod.

'You must be good then because he packs a really good punch from what I have seen on TV' I just laugh, he isn't that good. 'I bet that is not all he packs, is it, Anya?' Izzie winks. I can't believe we are having this conversation. 'Please don't talk about him like that. He is like a brother to me so this conversation is weird'

'Right, if Captain America isn't you boyfriend, who is?' Alex questions

'The Hulk' George wonders. 'No, Bruce is old enough to be my dad'

'Hawkeye' I don't think Laura would like that 'He is spoken for'

'Falcon' God no, I love Sam but no. 'Definitely not'

'What about the fast dude?' Pietro is great but more like a brother 'Not my type'

'What about Iron Patriot?' Seriously. 'No one calls him Iron Patriot anymore other than himself and that is just to boost his ego more. He is called War Machine and he is my actual Uncle, so no'

'That is it, there are no other male Avengers' They couldn't be more wrong. 'Ok, I give up' George and Alex just sigh. Then Alex looks at me and his eyes get wider. 'Oh my god, Anya is dating the psycho with a metal arm' I can't believe he just called him a psycho. 'He is not a psycho, Alex'

'But he killed people, Anya.' George says looking confused and worried. 'It is a lot more complicated than that' I just sigh, I am getting more and more angry.

'How can I be more complicated than that? He either killed them or didn't' Alex puts it so simply but it couldn't be more complicated. 'You don't know the full story'

'Bullshit, he is a murderer' Alex shouts. That is it, I have had enough. 'He is not a murderer. He was abused and tortured and made into a killing machine. He's mind was wiped and he was mind controlled to kill those people so it was not his fault.'

All the faces on the table drop 'Oh God, I am so sorry Anya, I didn't know.' Alex looks really apologetic. 'Yeah, I'm sorry. That must have been horrible for him' George looks at me with sympathy.

'It was but he is getting through it and I am proud of him for it' I couldn't be prouder of Bucky. 'I really am sorry, it's just the news said ...' Alex looks down, I could swing for the tabloids. 'The news doesn't always tell you the truth'

'Listen, can you guys not tell anyone about my boyfriend and my dad's identity' I ask pleading them with my eyes. They all nod 'Of course'.

'Thanks guys that means a lot. I guess we better get back to work'.

'I don't want to. I just want to sleep' Izzie moans. 'Don't we all' Meredith agrees and I nod my head as well.

'It is good for some. After this week, you have a usual 9-5 job.' Alex laughs. That' s funny. I would describe the Avengers as many things but a usual 9-5 job is not one of them'. We all laugh and we walk out of the cafeteria and head back to work.