Chapter 15 - Have you ever thought about coming to work for the Avengers?

After 30 mins in the shower and a further 1 hour of exercises, I am finally relaxed and fully dressed. I am not going to lie my legs feel a bit like jelly but it is so worth it. I am on my way to my Dad's lab I need to talk to him, once I get to the door, I knock waiting for an answer.

A muffled 'Come in' is heard from the other side of the door. I walk in seeing my Dad, he stops what he is doing and walks straight over to me. He engulfs me in a hug, all I can do is hug him back and cry. 'I am sorry, dad'

'You don't need to apologise. Why didn't you tell me honey?' His voice laced with sadness and worry. 'I was just ashamed of what happened and I feel really guilty about Dylan's death'. I should have taken better care of my boy

'Oh, sweetheart. His death isn't your fault. You didn't lay a finger on that little boy, what happened was tragic and should never have happened. The only people at blame are HYDRA, whether it is directly or indirectly. You are certainly not to blame for this'

'I know but I can't help feeling a little bit of guilt. I just wish, he was here with me, safe and well with me in my arms'

'I know, so do I but unfortunately, he is not. However, I am sure he is well looked after up there and he is also safe away from all of this hurt and upset.' I guess he is right. Down here, he would be in danger as Hydra would most likely be after him. Up there, in heaven, he is safe away from all the hurt and evil in this world. 'You are right, Dad. He is a lot safer up there, even though I miss him like crazy at least I know he is safe and I don't have to worry about HYDRA hurting him. Thanks Dad, I never thought about it that way'

'It is ok, honey. Did you sleep well?'

'Ok, I guess, I felt safe in Bucky's arms so it wasn't too bad' That man will always keep me safe. 'You guys, really do work together, even though I hate to admit it' That is huge for my Dad to admit, but he is right. Bucky is my soulmate. 'We just get each other. He knows when I am sad and how to cheer me up; he knows when work has been hard and how to make it better. He is just perfect'

'Aww, my little girl is in love'

'I really am. I just don't see him as much as I would like to due to our jobs' I love my job and he loves his but I really is a hinderance. 'Have you ever thought about coming to work for the Avengers?' WHAT?

'Well, no not really. When I was younger, I always wanted to be like you guys but I love being a Doctor and fixing people. I guess I am qualified enough to work for you guys I am a pretty good fighter' What am I thinking? There is no way I could ever be an Avenger.

'Well, I need a new assistant considering the other one was a psychopath and we have been looking for a permanent Doctor for the team for a long time as Dr. Chou is based in China and Bruce leaves to go back India now and again.' Oh my God, he is offering me a job to work for the Avengers. I can't work for them ... can I?

'I would have to think about it.' I been thinking for a while, about seeing what else is out there. Don't get me wrong I love my job but now I am a fully qualified Doctor I don't have to stay at Seattle Grace anymore, I can venture out a little bit more see what else I do, what else I can learn. Plus I get to see Bucky, my Dad and the avenger more. Maybe this is the change I have been looking for.

'Think about it and talk to Bucky and let me know what you think'

'I will thanks, Dad. I love you'

'I love you too' He smiles while hugging me. 'Thanks for the chat, I really needed it' Conversations with my Dad always seem to make thing easier to understand.

'You are welcome, kid. I am always here for you if you need to talk'. I smile back at him 'Thanks' I pull away from the hug and leave the lab. I was not expecting that conversation to go like that. I could be joining the Avengers.