CH55 - Betrayal

3rd Person's POV

Gabbie went to Xander's room and saw him getting ready for work. "Are you sure you're good?" she confirmed as she searched out some necktie for him in his walk-in closet.

"Yes, I'm more than good," he said and let Gabbie do his tie. "Oh before I forgot, how was your presentation? Did the panel like it?" he asked and Gabbie froze a second there yet she was brought back to herself promptly.

"Yeah, they did!" she lied, charily.

Xander nodded, "See? You were so worried for nothing." Gabbie only smiled at him and after his necktie was fastened, she escorted him downstairs to the terrace.

"Are you not going with me?" the man asked and the girl just shook her head.

"It's ok, you go first. I still have to prepare my things." Xander just agreed to it since there was no time either that they headed to the company in the same car. Gabbie doesn't want it but Xander still offers every day.

The man rode his car that hit the road without delay, leaving Gabbie by the porch. When the car is nowhere to be seen anymore, her reaction instantly changed as she picked up her phone to message Clyde.

"Let's meet now, same bar," she called the shots and Clyde didn't play hard to get as he wanted to talk to her, too.

Gabbie prepared herself hastily and also exited the mansion using her car all the way to the bar she went to on that day of the incident. The bar was actually owned by Clyde and he was there already when Gabbie came.

"I heard Xander's going to work again. That's too bad, I was racked in the hospital for a week and he just made it only after three days."

"I'll stop this, Clyde. I don't wanna continue betraying Xander. I-I can't," she pronounced and Clyde stood up to fix a stare on her.

"What do you mean?"

"This isn't right. I understand you hold such a deep grudge but your way of claiming justice isn't right."

"Shut the fuck up! You don't have the right to dictate to me what's right and wrong." He is now fuming but Gabbie isn't scared one bit. This is her final decision.

"Xander has nothing to do with your dark past, Clyde. He was never at fault, he was also a victim."

"They are from the same tree. This is a family matter."

"No! The only reason you want Xander crashed is that you want the company. So instead of proving everyone what you can, you are dragging someone else down."

"You know nothing, Gabbie."

"Yes, I don't have any idea of the things that happened to you and even Jameson. But he was not true to Xander from the very beginning which means it was not Xander who had his grudge to. It's Mr. Alejandro. He must have used Xander to get near Mr. Alejandro. So for the both of them, Jameson is the one that should be sorry."

"Huh! Then what? You'll withdraw your plans with us and tell Xander everything?"

"No, I will discover it myself. The things that led me to this pit, the root cause of my pain, my anger, my truth, and my justice have nothing to do with yours. Let's have separate ways, Clyde," she pressed and the man only looked at her with such disappointment. "And one thing, I will ask you to do only one thing, know who your true enemy is," she ended and went out of the bar, leaving Clyde behind.

.

"I will be the one organizing the foundation anniversary," Xander announced to Jameson. He called him to the office just now to say that.