CH60 - Obsession

3rd Person's POV

"You'll end up like me!"

"You'll kill her!"

"You're not in love, you're obsessed!"

"You're obsessed!!"

Xander opened his eyes abruptly as if catching his lost breath. He stared at the ceiling to try to calm his nerves and to recall what made him this uneasy again. It was a dream.

He lifted his head to the side of his bed and saw a tranquil angel sleeping soundly. He observed her for quite some time until he finally got back his stability. But what comes after is fear of something else. Gabbie is innocently lying beside him like a precious soul that need not be hurt or touched. But the danger is not from far away; it's beside her right now.

That's him.

Xander climbed down from the bed after checking up on his wife long enough for him to realize he has drowned again--in his fancies, fantasies, and dirty thoughts. He should restrain himself from any set-off so he went straight to the balcony to gather some fresh garden air.

That dream of his is created by a demon, it is not true, it is not him. He will never hurt Gabbie, that's what he tells himself.

I love my wife, I am not obsessed.

He stayed there for quite a long while albeit he doesn't comprehend at all how long was that actually. He was lost by the thoughts that are fanned by the breeze of the night.

"Xander?" Not until Gabbie called him in the softest tone and the man was immediately pulled up from his reveries. He turned to her who is now coming out of the room, wearing her thin sleeveless nighty.

"Gabbie, don't come out, it's cold," he stated worriedly and went beside her quickly. He held both her bare shoulders as he rubbed them continuously down to her upper arm to provide heat by friction.

"Yes, it's cold so why are you here shirtless? she countered and also held Xander's skin. "Oh my God, you're freezing. Were you here long enough?" she asked, ill at ease. That's when Xander knew about it either.

"Let's go inside, my love. Your dress is so thin you may catch a cold." Xander doesn't care about himself one bit, only his wife alone. He sheathes his wife's frame and escorted her inside. They both went back and Xander closed the sliding door to the balcony. The heat of the room now gives them so much relief after dwelling in the cold.

The couple went to bed again. It's still midnight and there's a lot more time to spend sleeping. Gabbie immediately wrapped her left arm to Xander's waist the moment they arrived on the bed as she also lied her head on his chest. Xander softly brushes her back using his left hand, enfolded around her shoulders, too.

Gabbie felt so relaxed in that position as she thought Xander feels the same. Yet little did she know, the man is now having some mental war. He can feel Gabbie's skin on him and it is making him hot inside. He tried to look down and since the woman is lying above his chest, he can also leer at her cleavage as he feels those pinkish firm breasts on his skin since the woman is not wearing a bra. Only the thin blue nighty serves as a barrier and it's making him go nuts.

"Wear thicker sleeping pajamas next time, so you won't catch a cold," he tried to imply his torture but Gabbie doesn't seem to grasp that.

"It's alright, you're warm so it's fine," she uttered, expressing that Xander can relieve away the cold of the night if she'll stay this near.

But I'm hot, baby. Not warm. Xander wanted to just spit that but he cannot, he shouldn't. He should learn to control himself or else this will really turn into an addiction. He doesn't want to make Gabbie his addiction.