CH35 - Unreal

Gabbie's POV

I woke up early today. Thanks to the adjustment of my body alarm I can rise as early as five in the morning. I slunk off of Xander's room and went to mine. I prepared myself to start my regime.

I went straight to the kitchen to cook some breakfast. The maids are already set for their morning work, too. Sometimes I wonder what is their waking time because they are always up before me even how early I am.

I am entrusted with making Xander's breakfast meal for weeks now and today is no exception. I think my recipes are improving because Xander never once spat any of my dishes. Well, I am not that bad of a cook to start with. I grew up feeding myself so I somehow mastered the basics.

I decided to cook an omelet. I told you, I mastered the basics. It's a good thing though, enough to give myself a hand. Eggs should always be a part of the diet because it's one of the simplest recipes to make that can turn into a plat du jour.

I was so focused on flipping the eggs properly on the pan when I was unexpectedly wrapped with veiny arms. I nearly shouted due to electric shock but I forbear. "I'm cooking," I made it clear. I was attentive not to fail my omelet. It's a life and death matter for newbies like me.

But Xander tightened his clutch on my waist and leaned his head on my nape. I realized then that there are maids with me, assisting my work. It was embarrassing and I could just cover my face internally.

"This is almost done. Will you please wait for it on your table?" I sounded whispering because this man, I swear is so thick-skinned to do this in front of all these people.

"What will we do at the table?" he asked.

"Of course eating."

"Eating what?"

"Eggs."

He now looked up to me, "Really, will you eat it?" He was so serious that I almost vomit on the pan. The maids beside me also looked down and I can tell they are tittering silently while blushing. I get myself out of his hold and faced him. I saw how green his smile is and obviously repressing his laughter.

"Don't you have any good things to say?"

"I have a good idea," he answered instead.

"Idea about?"

"Let's go out today," he initiated.

"And where are we gonna go?"

"Everywhere you want." Is he suggesting a date, isn't he?

"What are we gonna do, then?"

"Everything you want." That was quite interesting. He is permitting me to plan it all, huh! Well, let's see.

"I'm in! Definitely!" I saw how his smile widen up when I said that. But I will make sure to remove that smile from him later on and have my vengeance.

.

"Where are we?" he shouted to my ears. I was grinning internally after seeing him getting so discomfited.

"It's the public market, haven't you been here for once?" I shouted back because, with this amount of people, it is impossible to understand each other with standard volume.

He shook his head and was looking so devastated. Everywhere I want, you say? Inside of me is smirking evilly.

"You'll enjoy this day, I promise," I clinched and drag him to explore the crowded and brassy place in the middle of the city. "Let's go!" I blurted and there we had an explosion having the hallmarks of life inside the busy streets.