01 New Chapter

Two weeks of honeymoon is not enough. I'm still on a wedding bliss. Especially now people addresses me as Maddie Lightwood. It's a new bright lovely feeling.

Four days after we got back to work, some of the Institute's department Heads have been assigned. Jace will take over as the new Missions Director, Izzy as Weapons Master, Lei as Security Supervisor, Kate as Weapons Trainer, a new recruit ― also Jace's old friend and neighbor back when he lived in the Wayland manor — Andrew Underhill as our Combat Trainer, and me as Chief Physician of Infirmary and Laboratories.

Alec had asked me if I want to run the Institute with him, but I declined. I don't think I'm ready for that new level of stress. Besides, I have a new situation now... my demon eyes are back and I have yet to find out why. Added to that, I started having these recurring vivid nightmares. It doesn't help with my beauty sleep.

The flashing of sun's ray through the window woke me up from deep cozy sleep. I can hear the mellow sound of birds singing outside as we're greeted by a beautiful weather.

Turning to my side, Alec's still heavily asleep. I couldn't help the happiness I feel just by watching him sleeping. He looked so peaceful. His hair was messy but he never look more beautiful. His breathing was slow and steady that comes along with snores that I find so adorable. This moment reflects just how lucky I am to be with him.

It's been like this for the past five minutes until he let out a long exhale followed by pulling me closer to his naked body, making me smile. I giggle softly, leaning forward to place gentle kiss on his lips. Feeling his mouth curved into a smile, his arms gripped me tighter and our legs entangled as they had been all night.

"Good morning." he greeted with his raspy and sexy morning voice. His eyes still shut close.

"Good morning indeed." I mumbled in his tight hug "Are we not going to get up?"

"Not in the moment." his eyelids opened revealing his beautiful hazel eyes.

His eyes stared directly at me as it slowly lowered into my lips. He tucked few strands of my hair behind my ear before he pulled my face towards his. The touch of his tender lips against mine brought joy and immediate butterflies into me.

The tone is as bright as the weather today.

☆꧁✬◦°˚°◦.◦°˚°◦✬꧂☆

After we go about our morning — the other stuff, took a shower, change clothes, we get everything we need before heading down in the cafeteria to meet up with the rest and have breakfast. Little did we know, they had already invaded our privacy.

Jace and Lei were setting up the table in the middle of our living room. Astound by the sight, I think I just stared at them for who knows how long.

"Hey guys, your just in time." Izzy greeted, coming out from our kitchen holding a pot of freshly cooked food.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked.

"Breakfast." Lei smiled.

"No, I meant here." I snarled annoyingly as my finger points to the floor "What in the name of the angel are you doing here?"

Normally, I wouldn't mind the surprise visit but oh my Lord, I'm horrified. Married couples get to do what they want in the privacy of their own home! But we didn't know there was going to be people here. Unlike the living quarters downstairs, there is no soundless rune on any of the doors here.

"Well, we didn't get to celebrate Alec's 23ʳᵈ birthday cause you were away on honeymoon. Thought, this should suffice." Izzy smiled.

I'm sorry, I did not understand any of what she just said.