10 Angels in Disguise

Entering the packed-up club, we were met by the blasted song. Music pounding against my chest. Colorful blinking neon lights emitted across the room. Silhouettes of people cavorting on the dance floor.

It's been a while since I found myself in a club. I thought to myself.

"The Owl could be anyone." Clary stated as we examine the people around.

"Hold on to the possibility that he might not look like Sebastian Verlac." I frowned, looking at dozens of people scattered on the floor "Keep an eye out for anything suspicious."

"All right... let's split up." Lei said as we about to divide direction "Remember, not to let Morgan out of your sight."

☆꧁✬◦°˚°◦.◦°˚°◦✬꧂☆

I'm currently sitting on a stool by the bar while watching Morgan for a while. I'm feeling a little haze. Not drunk dizzy, but sleepy dizzy. I love occasional drink but not while on a job.

Several hours of surveillance and I almost fall asleep. Stamina rune can only do so much. I had to snap the rubber tie on my wrist to keep me awake. I took out my stele and trace onto the stamina rune on the left side of my hip.

After putting back my stele on my boot, I spotted a certain someone standing in the middle of the dance floor who's already staring at me — Jonathan. He gave me shrewd smirk before fleeing quickly.

Standing up from the stool chair, I pushed myself through the crowd while keeping my eyes on Jonathan until he enters a storage room. Instinctively, I pulled out one katana roaming around the crammed area full of stacked chairs and full-body sized mirrors.

"Awfully confident, aren't you, luv?" Jonathan said behind me. His reflection reflects on the mirror "Coming after me all alone."

I quickly turned around, swinging my katana at him but his blade blocked it, pushing it down, forcing me to let go. He then pointed his blade into me.

"Why Morgan? What are you doing with these mundanes?" I rattled.

"You never could beat me in a fair fight, could you?" he queried with his blade still pointing directly at me. He started to move forward making me step backwards.

"Don't make me do this again." I pleaded, gripping the hand on my other katana from below my back, about to take it out.

"Ahh, there it is... the easy to fool Starkweather strut." Jonathan started to taunt "Or is it Herondale? Lightwood maybe?"

"My father taught me to show compassion for everyone."

"Where exactly did that attitude comes from? Is it in the name or blood?" he continues to goad, ignoring my statement "No one understands you better than I do. Where inseparable, you and me."

"I think I told you otherwise when I threw you off the bridge." I taunted and he pinned the blade in my neck, looking all angrily.

"The same blood runs in our veins. Except, of course, I'm stronger. Spend enough time in Edom, it has a way of... toughening you up."

"I so look forward to sending you back there." I huffed.

We stayed like that for about a minute. Him with a blade pointed on my neck while we glare intensely at each other. Much to my surprise, he put the blade down and proffered it to me.

"Go on, then. Do it." he defiantly said, and I just stared at him in disbelief "Come on, now. Don't waste my time."

Jonathan continues to persuade. I subtly grip a throwing knife in my side. I took it and rapidly threw it, aiming at his heart but he suddenly disappeared like he did this morning. The knife hit a mirror causing the glass to shatter on the floor.