07 Something's Got to Give

"Okay, here's my report for the day." my gaze notices the stack of files in his desk "Looks like you're going to be here all night."

"You think?" he sassed.

I lightly chuckled "Do you need help?"

"I appreciate that but I got it covered. You should rest, you look tired."

"I look better than you." I scoffed, putting my hands on either hips "If that is all Mr. Lightwood, I'm going out." I stated, quickly leaned in and kiss him before I sprint out the room.

"W-wait." he called and I turned back to him "Where are you going?"

"I'm taking Andrew out."

I went to train earlier and I needed a sparring partner but no one was available. Andrew offered, and we got to talking and I sensed that he's feeling lonely which is not a surprise since he's new and all, and the only person he knows around here is Jace.

Besides, from what I observed, he's not so timid when it comes to teaching — heck, he sends dozens of bruised students to my department — but he's certainly a little shy in terms of socializing. So, in return, I offered to tour Andrew around the city. To get him familiarize with frequent hangouts in hopes of spreading his inner societal.

"Okay, why did that sound so wrong in my head?" Alec sneered. I laugh, I mean I laughed, but then I stopped cause the look on his face says he's dead serious. I cleared my throat.

"He doesn't know anyone besides Jace. I think he's feeling alone." I walked forward him to slightly sit on top of his desk beside him. I put my hand on top of his that's resting on his table "This is just me, showing a nice gesture to a fellow senior."

He grumpily sighed "You do know you're married, right?"

"With this amazing man in front me..." I said, cupping his jaw with my fingers, playfully "...how can I forget?"

The right words = an ensured heart.

☆꧁✬◦°˚°◦.◦°˚°◦✬꧂☆

"Hey, Maddie." Maia greeted as Andrew and I entered the bar.

"You look awful." Simon noted, sitting on a stool by the bar.

Well, I'm having a hard time sleeping lately. That's why Alec wanted me to rest. But nope, I'm good.

"Thanks, Si." I said sarcastically, approaching the bar "Two IPA's, please."

"Shouldn't you be out hunting shadows?" Maia asked jokingly as she prepared drinks.

"Hey, we have night offs as well." I ridiculed, then they both look at Andrew beside me "Oh, forgive me. These are my friends Simon and Maia."

"Hi."
"Hello."
Maia and Simon greeted in unison.

"You'll regularly find them here. They're cool people to hang out with." I commended to Andrew. I glimpse Simon and Maia smiled "And this is Andrew Underhill, our new Combat Trainer." I said, pointing to Andrew on my side.

We exchange pleasantries, the conversation had aroused as we got along each other. But their voice slowly fade away as I felt someone watching us. Looking outside the window, I saw Jonathan standing across the street.

 Looking outside the window, I saw Jonathan standing across the street