21 No Rest for the Wicked Soul: Lilith's Dome (Part Three)

Back at Lilith's place, Jace and I were handed separate mission. Jace was sent to finish our previous interrupted mission in Idris while I was ordered to look for a solution to keep Simon out of the way for, he's the only one who can banish Lilith back to Edom.

Yesterday, while Jace and I were captured, Simon and Luke invaded Jonathan's altar at Harlem. Luckily for Lilith, she and the disciples got away and transport the entire apartment to a new location before they could be capture. Although, Simon had killed two progenies in the process because of that damn mark of his forehead.

Clary is the perfect bait for Simon but after knowing she's locked up in the Gard, we have to find another solution.

And boy, what do you know? The genius that I am... found one.

"Good afternoon." I greeted, casually, as I entered the lobby. A woman and a child are tending the lobby area of Valēre.

Valēre is a facility where troubled downworlders seek help. It's kind of like the Silent City's wing for mentally ill Nephilims.

"Shadowhunter." a woman greeted back confusedly as to why my kind is here "Who are you and what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to take Heidi McKenzie." I announced, nonchalantly.

"We did not receive any mandate." this woman argued, calmly "She does not have any indictment. I don't see why you need to take her. She's doing well here."

"I don't think you understand." I said, playing with a knife with my fingers "I'm not here from the Clave, I'm here on my own accord."

"Well then, you're trespassing." the woman said, getting a blade from the wall and pointing it at me.

"Mom, maybe that's not the best idea." said the scared little boy that she's protecting behind her.

"You're either brave for a mundane." I said, slyly "Or stupid."

This woman and her child are both mundanes. Which only means they are related to a downworlder here.

When you're in this job for too long, you can tell without a blink what or who you are dealing with.

"Elliot, go back inside." the woman said, not taking her eyes off me "Go get your father."

"Mom-" the kid won't budge.

"Now!" she yelled. The boy then run inside, leaving her mother behind.

You know, this is kind of funny. A mundane holding down the fort until back-up arrives?

Okay, fine... as a courtesy, I'll wait for her so called 'back-up'. They are much more fun and challenging to play with.

Not too long after, Grumbling steps was heard as a horde of werewolves came to the lobby.

"Ida, what's going on here?" a man, the alpha or at least the head of the facility asks his wife. The man look at me, up and down as his wife whispered something to him. After, he walks closer to me, standing professionally "I think it's best if you explain why you need one of our patient."

"You know, I would love to, but I'm here with a time clock." I said in a warning tone "If your wife did not hear me properly earlier, I'll be glad to repeat myself... I'm here to take her."