23 Same Ground

ALEC'S POV

"Remember, you see any Disciples, stay non-lethal. We might be able to restore them eventually." I heard Luke cautioned through the phone as we have conference call.

Him and Lei entered the building in response while Izzy and I are outside. Izzy stayed in the entrance while I cover the back alleyway whereas Simon is doing what he's told.

"Zero body count is going to be a lot easier without any mundanes in the way." Lei stated.

"The plan is working so far." said Luke "Building's been emptied out on our end."

"Looks like security's the last one out." I stated, watching the mundane security walk out the back exit.

"I'm hearing faint sirens, coming in through my hearing rune." I heard Izzy said.

"Which means we've got about fifteen minutes before emergency response gets in the way." said Luke as I slowly walked through the alleyway.

"Here's to hoping Lilith has a short fuse." I sighed.

"How do we know if she takes the bait?" Lei asked. My gaze quickly glance up when I heard shattering of glass and saw someone jumped from the top building.

"Just a hunch." I said, ending the call.

Maddie flipped in the air before she landed smoothly down the ground with small shards of glass fall down before her.

Guide me, dear Angels...

MADDIE'S POV (earlier)

"The fire alarm just went off downstairs. The mundanes are evacuating the building." Ollie informed us as she walked out of the elevator after Lilith send her down when she notice a disturbance.

"But there's no fire." I scoffed as there is no flame or smoke coming out the building.

"Luke Garroway is leading a strike team from the Institute." Ollie added, making Lilith approached us to joined our conversation.

"Is the Daylighter with them?" Lilith concerns.

"Why do you care if Simon's here?" Clary questioned, raising her eyebrows at her.

"Keep them away from my boy. Avoid the vampire. Kill the rest." Lilith demanded to us, including the disciples. Clary watched us in horror as we carry out the order. Jace went with the disciples while I jumped from the balcony.

Shatters of glass fell down with me and a loud thud occur when I landed on the ground and notice Alec by the dark alleyway.

"You're either brave or a fool." I smirked, standing up "Coming at me without back-up is imprudent." he hauled his bow up, aiming it directly at me "Careful. Your Maddie is still here."

"And she's prepared to die for it." he snarled. I saw hesitant but determination in his eyes "I won't hesitate to fulfill that wish." he released the arrow but I quickly caught it, turning it to dust.

"You know, handsome, I could kill you with my magic right now..." I smiled, deviously "...but I would rather do that by hand."

I walk towards him as he went to pull in another arrow. I kicks his hand away then pushed him on the wall by his throat. I punch him in the stomach couple of times then to his face but my fist instead dented the wall as he rolled under me. Turning around, I saw him pulled arrows on either hands. I pulled my katana on my back as we circle each other.

Now the fun can begin...

"You didn't even bring a proper instrument." I teased.

He should've brought more than just an arrow.