02 Off the Beaten Record

Since Malachi Dieudonné and his coup has been exposed, multiple seats in the Clave's Council has open up for taking including the position of the Consul. An election was made between those who already seated in state position and that includes my Nana (Inquisitor) but Jia Penhallow (Council member) ― Aline's mother ― has won as the new Clave Consul.

Nevertheless, after finding out what Malachi did to me and Jace, Nana pulled a non-stop pushed for his execution — using the reason of betrayal of the Clave, the Accords, and the laws we shore to uphold. Five days ago, it was granted. Malachi alone is now buried in the Cemetery of the Disgrace. His army is yet to follow.

Standing in Idris' Accords Hall for Clary's Rune Ceremony, it's unlike the traditional ceremony of only friends and family will attend ― all respective members of the Clave, Council members, Inquisitor, Chief, Commissioner, and Consul had attended the ceremony.

"I stand before my fellow Shadowhunters,
to the Angel, I entrust my life,
to receive the rune of the Angel,
I vowed to uphold the laws of heaven.
I take this Mark to honor Him;
to bring his light into me...
So I may join the ranks of the Shadowhunters,
The Guardians of Peace."

"This rune of angelic power is well-deserved... and long overdue..." Nana announces as Brother Enoch rune her with Angelic power "...you are no longer a Shadowhunter in training. You have defeated our greatest enemy. Valentine may have used the Mortal Instruments to raise the Angel Raziel, but you... prevented a wish from being granted..." Nana said, smiling to Clary for the first time since they met.

Seeing Nana smile sent a guilt feeling in my stomach. Would she still smile if she knows the truth?

"...Clarissa Fairchild may your heroism be a shining example to Shadowhunters across the world... congratulations." Nana finishes, the crowds claps and celebrated.

☆꧁✬◦°˚°◦.◦°˚°◦✬꧂☆

After talking to bunch of emissaries from the Clave. I decided to leave the party early. I can't stand the vibe Clary's party been giving, and I know Jace did too. That party made us feel guiltier more than ever. So, Jace and I instead left to visit his parents and my father's grave.

"This is the closest I've ever gotten to them..." Jace said as we look down to his parents adjoining gravestones. His hand are clasping his Herondale ring necklace "...too bad it's in the Cemetery of the Disgraced."

"Join the club." I said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"At least your mom isn't here."

Right, my mom's buried in the Silent City. Far away from here. My papa's here, my mama's there.

"Yeah, but even in death.. they're apart." I sighed, heavily "They weren't bad people, Jace. They just made a terrible mistake of putting their faith in the wrong person."

"Do you think we saw them when w-we... died?" Jace stammered.

When Jace and I came back, none of us remember where we have been. We didn't remember what the afterlife was like. All I know is that I was thinking about my love ones before I 'died', and the next thing I know I woke up in a fiery ground.

"I don't know... but I like to think we did." I said with a small smile "At least for several minutes I got to be with papa, mama, and maybe JD, and you got to meet your parents."

"That's a nice thought." said Jace, dearly. We share a lovely notion.

*comfortable silence*

I turn to him "Jace, we need to tell them the truth about what happened at Lake Lyn... with Angel Raziel."