Chapter 16

Closing the front door, he saw Sabrina sitting on the stool, facing him with her arms folded. She had been waiting for him.

He passed her up, knowing all too well she wanted to talk about him not answering the phone or being out for an extra four hours with no text message, and yeah, no phone call. He needed to think, and he did.

Sabrina huffed as she locked their door and watched him take off his clothes and step into the shower. She thought his trigger was off, except it wasn't.

She didn't get inside and have him ignore her, so she waited until he came out with a towel wrapped around his waist. "You are ignoring me," She said, a statement, not a question. He nodded.
"Why?"
"Because you ask questions. Questions I don't want to answer at the moment" Which meant he would appease her, just not now.

"I just want to know why you didn't answer. You usually always answer me" Even her saddened tone didn't deter him from his determined answer of not answering her questions.
"Was busy."

She stood up as he went through his drawer. "Yeah, but you told me you're never busy for me" Which he had said, and were true... At the time.

He rose, "Did you cook?" He questioned, not smelling anything when he walked into the house. She gaped then stammered a no. "I'll order. What do you want?"

He grabbed his phone, awaiting an answer and she scoffed and snatched it from him. How dare he ignore her? With a grin, he reached for it, but she moved it behind her back. Reaching behind her, she raised it away. With a groan of frustration, he snatched it and smashed her against the wall, trapping her with his body as her eyes bore into his.

When he began pulling away, she gripped the towel, tugging him back to her and he gripped her hand in response. "Just so you know if you pull, the towel comes with it" She smiled and he pulled anyway, the towel leaving his body, standing naked before her.

She frowned. "Tell me what's wrong. Did I do something? Was it because of what I said yesterday? I'm sorry I-I thought she was good. I'm sorry I made you worry and I'm sorry for everything. Just don't-don't hide from me" She whispered, cupping his face in desperation to get through to him.

How could he not love this woman? She was perfect for him. Instead of getting angry, he ignored her, she pleaded, talked to him softly, wanting to understand what was wrong.

He took a deep breath as her eyes searched his in concern and love. Love, that's what he saw every day. The complex emotion he couldn't understand, couldn't reciprocate till now. He loved her with every cell he had.

How did he know? He knew because it didn't matter how much time he spent with her, didn't matter how much he had her, looked at her, tasted, smelled, heard her, it wouldn't ever be enough. He knew because if a genie were to give him not three, but one wish, he would wish to be able to wake up with Sabrina in his arms every day. To feel her heartbeat against his, her stomach rising and falling with his, her breathing soft and stable through his ears, on his neck. To have her lips against his and every inch of his body as he would to her.

He knew because his desire for her had been greater, bigger than the frame of her body guaranteeing he would have more than enough to give. He knew because her voice rummaged through every vein in his him.

Her love was and would always be his for eternity, a necessity he had to have every moment of the day and in return, he would love her with more than he could offer so much that even she would question his sanity, but never his fervor.

He captured her lips swiftly, with no more words to give. She had to know. Had to know how much he needed her. How much he hated to need anything, need anyone, but he didn't give a damn because needing her was survival. Without her, he didn't think he could survive life.