Chapter 38

Draven and Junior practiced and trained. He didn't teach Junior to fight with his fists because he didn't have as much strength to make real damage to a full-grown man. However, he did teach him how to outsmart and fight with blades, knives anything he could get his hands on.

Now? That would be a gun.
"Don't aim for the head. For your height, you will have to raise it higher, and sometimes too much thinking and concentrating will be your downfall" He explained, lowering the barrel towards the stomach, abdomen area.

"Now. How do you check to know if you're out?" He questioned. "The gun will sort of sound jammed, like a cocking sound" Before Draven could ask, Jr clicked the magazine release button and looked inside at the clips before pushing it back in, pulling the barrel, loading the gun. Draven smiled, it was so swift, easy, and smooth he had no doubt Junior wouldn't falter in a true situation.

"The leg" He nodded towards the tree which had a cardboard body target pinned to it. Jr's held tilted and Draven lectured him to not do so until Jr pulled the trigger. He shot the knee.

Okay, so he wouldn't complain. "What do you do if he's up close?"

"It doesn't matter where you shoot him, as long as you shoot him it's going to hit him. If my gun is knocked away, then I stab him as you taught me. If the opportunity presents itself knee him in his face and stab through his chin or his stomach." He answered coherently as if he were answering a question in school.

Training sort of was his school, for now.
Draven smirked, a quick learner. "First two things you always do before you shoot a gun?" He rose an eyebrow.

"Check the mag and put on a silencer" Just as Draven did all the time unless it was an emergency, and he didn't have time. No unwanted intruders, no attention, makes the job easier.

Taking the gun, he gestured for Junior to fetch his blades. He didn't want him practicing with it and accidentally stabbed himself while they were using a gun. Once Junior came back, blade in both hands, standing, eyes focused, Draven threw the gun to the side. "Come on then" He taunted.

Swiftly, Jr swung, counterattacked by Draven when he grabbed his wrist. A habit Draven would learn to stop as Junior kicked his knee, pulling his wrist out of his grasp hard. Like Draven taught him, he was to never let his opponent recover. Instead, the second Draven reached out for him, Jr ran away, as Draven taught but of course, Draven would run after him.

A hard turn and Draven smirked as he thought he would grab him, but instead hissed out as Draven slid underneath him with the blade slicing his thigh. Groaning, he looked down and felt the tip of the blade in his back. "And as soon as it's in their back what do you do?"

"Use the other and stab it right through their heart and if I can't do that, do it through their chest" He answered, Draven giving a firm nod. " Why those specific places?"

"Because some men are strong enough to pull the knife out of his back and if he does that, I've given my enemy a weapon to use against me" Which they both knew, wouldn't bode well for Junior.

He chuckled and pivoted his body to throw a fist, but Junior knew him well enough and evaded the strike by ducking and slicing the blade over Draven's perfectly intact skin, now being gashed open. Before Junior was afraid to hurt Draven but many times Draven was pissed off Junior would stop. Draven would say "You think your enemy won't kill you if you stop?!"

He would be so angry, and Junior learned the hard way to hurt him because if he hesitated now, he would hesitate when the situation presented itself.

Draven smirked as he gripped Junior's leg and twisted, causing Junior's entire body to twist into the air yet he landed on his feet, gaining his momentum. Yes, a fast learner. Draven ran.