Chapter 42

Observing as his eyelids fluttered, her finger ran up and down his chest. Sighing, he cupped her hand, bringing it up to his lips.
"How do you feel?" She whispered the same question she's been asking for days, weeks. Every time he awoke, that was the first question and he understood, she hadn't slept in his arms afraid to delay healing to his injuries.

But damn was he tired of answering it.

"You asked me that ever since I woke up Angel. The answer is the same, I still feel like shit" He huffed, and his eyes opened to see hers lowered, and like every day, he scolded himself for being rude to her.
" I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt you. I'm hurting Angel. Physically and emotionally"

Physically because he had been thrown, tossed, slice, slashed, shot, you name it ever since he went in that building. He thought he would die in the car, and he woke up days later proving he hadn't. He thought that was good news until he was given the bad, all the deaths that happened. Unfortunately, he couldn't do much but lay in bed. So sore, so much pain but they were consequences, consequences he was okay to pay if it meant Sabrina was back. "Maybe more pain medicine?" She whispered.

He chuckled, that had been her solution all the time. By now he thought she would understand it was no use. His injuries were too severe and shoving pills down his throat wasn't going to help. "No. I will be okay"

Sighing in the sadness of her uselessness, her hand laid over the right of his chest where he was stitched and patched before, but they removed his patches to allow his body to breathe. Slowly, her hand inched down his lower right abdomen, another pair of stitches.

She was traveling towards his back when he took a bullet for her, but he stopped it. "Don't torture yourself" He whispered. "I hate myself. All of this pain. You almost died" She huffed in a pang of guilt that was unchangeable.

"Being you kept me, alive Angel. I couldn't leave you. I heard you, you made me fight. You're not helpless" That didn't help as she lowered her face, but he lifted a finger under her chin. "Angel, if I died and you lived, that's a dream come true."

"Don't say that!" She slapped his arm with a whine causing him to chuckle and pull her forward.

"I love you"
"I love you too" She kissed him softly, maintaining her body weight above him not to harm.

The door was knocked on, Draven didn't raise knowing he shouldn't, couldn't and Makayla walked in with a smile as her eyes landed on Draven. Rounding the bed, she lowered down, pressing her lips against his, both their tongues slipping out and about as his lips slid over hers. Smirking, he watched her kiss Sabrina with less tongue had Sabrina been not as...passive with her kisses. At least not now, get her in the bed and it will all change.

Sitting down next to him, he lowered his hand onto her thigh casually massaging as he asked, "Are you okay?"

He wondered why he hadn't seen her since the building fight, but he didn't ask assuming it was about Sabrina and him spending time together or not wanting to intrude, he would talk to her later about that. She was his muffin, and they were together, all of them, no one was left out. He smirked as she laughed out. "You're asking me if I'm okay when you're the one who's been on bed rest for nearly dying. I'm alive because of you. Thank you"

She sighed as she laid her hand over his, threading her fingers through. "I told you I would die for you, muffin. I meant it. Your mine to protect, to cherish, to care for, to love, your mine period" He chuckled as he laid his hand on Sabrina's slimmer thigh. "Both of you are mine"

"Give me a kiss" They both giggled, his eyes sparkled by the adorable, wanting timbre, and felt Sabrina's lips against his first. Soft, plump luscious, and was fruity. Taste so good he could suck on her lips all day. So wet, addicting. As were her tongue as it sought his for play, him groaning as his lips wrapped around it and sucked softly, gentle.