Chapter 21

Draven sat with his clasped hands underneath his chin, pensive.

Teach me how to kill

The words replayed over and over in his head nonstop. He couldn't quite wrap his head around the words as if they were hard to comprehend. They shouldn't be had he killed many, the word a simple instinct to him and yet it became something... abstruse.

That night, he didn't know what to say except for "I'm going to take Sabrina upstairs. Don't be up all night"

Real classy right? The simple demand, because that's what it was, Jr didn't ask nor suggest or request, he demanded, made Draven speechless.

Jr didn't question him further had he understood the demand stunned Draven. Still, Draven couldn't understand.

Jr? The nine-year-old boy, soon to be ten, raised by Sabrina Amana, the most delicate, precious, vulnerable woman who lived a precarious life with and without her parents, wanted to learn how to kill?

The first thought Draven had was it was only a phase. That Jr saw Draven coming home back and forth blood coated, sees the danger they live and gets comfortable had Draven always protected him so he never had to be afraid and maybe he thinks he can take on that same danger. Then he thought well it stemmed from killing Jane. The child hadn't been traumatized nor batted an eye at the memory.

But that was the problem.

He was completely okay with it as if he was...Draven.

Part of Draven realized this and immediately blamed himself for it and he felt the influence was his fault. Jr was near his violence and Draven never truly attempted to hide it from him. Then Draven not being there that one time and well Sabrina was tasked with his survival but instead, Jr was forced to kill someone to protect himself and his sister.

In another part, he blamed Sabrina for it. Yes, his woman had been truly and greatly feeble, but she was also the adult, the one who was supposed to protect him, and in no way did Draven hate her or reprimand her for putting both their lives in Jr's hands had Draven never left, neither would have been in the situation.

At that point, Draven didn't blame anyone, not himself. Jr just had grown up too quickly and it was a good thing but bad as well. He needed more time to think of it all.

Teach me how to kill.

He sighed as he was roused from his thoughts by Sabrina's lips on his shoulder. Like that, the trouble dissipated, and he glanced over his shoulder smiling.
Leaning over, he pressed his lips against hers, her breath warm against his face as she breathed out.

Her eyes slowly opened, her blue eyes sparkling with happiness as she rose with a stretch and the blanket fell from her body, her bare breasts now revealed and with one glance of her nipples, he licked his lips. They always begged his mouth to be on them.

He always seemed to be mesmerized by her. Even when her hair was tousled, messed in every direction she was beautiful in his eyes. Not even her being coated in the blood (of course not her own), wouldn't repulse him had he had more than his fair share of being coated in more than one victim's blood.
"You didn't go to sleep again?" She frowned, kissing his shoulder again and he knew why she asked.

He didn't get much sleep when he kept thinking about Jr's words. "I have. I woke up a few hours ago, had some things to think about"

"The trip?" She smiled and he thought about his next course of action and words. He vowed to never lie or hold a secret if it could hurt her in any way. Also, he didn't think it relevant to say now had he didn't make up his mind and given Jr a proper response, so he settled for a nod.