Chapter 28

Sabrina and Jr stood in front of the car dealership waiting for Draven to pull back up. He had to buy another quick car, of course illegally but money did almost everything to people.

Minutes later a baby blue Maserati Granturismo drove up to them and the roof slid down, Draven's luxurious smirk being revealed. Jr yelled in excitement as he jumped in the car only to be reprimanded by Draven not to do it again. Sabrina giggled as she settled into the car, kissing Draven briefly. "I thought we were supposed to be discreet"

"Well, it's not like I haven't killed dozens of them already. What's wrong with a few dozen more?" His evil smirk widened.

As they drove, Sabrina and Jr both took their precious time checking out the new car and Draven's smirk never failed, almost stuck upon his face. That is until he heard Julia's voice in his head. "I can't be there to take the commander's password off"

He groaned. Problems, problems. More and more built-up every day. "Why?" He spoke out loud and captured Sabrina's attention and he tapped his temple in response. "Because he's rallying people up. I told you he would know someone told you guys about James"

He rolled his eyes. "You could've told me it was her father" That little detail would've saved him from harming James.

"Look if I don't respond in the next eight hours, I will have my nephew bring my tablet to you"
"No. Not my house. Your address" He said. He didn't want anyone else knowing where his family laid their head even his head. While he trusted Julia, he didn't trust her family. "With James code, you are able to get past the security walls, but you still need the commander's code but don't worry. I have someone on the inside that will help you. Once you are in, you have to think of something incredibly smart, a password not even Sabrina would know. There's something else... You can't be without a—"

The connection broke causing him to curse.
"What's wrong?" Sabrina questioned noticing his forehead began to crease, his hands tightening on the wheel, and his jaw clenched. "Things just got more complicated"

She huffed, laying her head on the window. When were things never complicated? She thought. Then again, she accepted the complication in her life but one thing she couldn't accept was Draven training Jr. It completely slipped her mind before when she was ambushed with the revelation of her father but now, they were back in Manhattan, she could think about it.

Yes, she allowed Jr to carry a blade for his protection, yes, she didn't like it, but she knew it was best. Though training wasn't a part of the deal. The way Jr had no care, no traumatic response to killing Jane, and then Draven incited him with training, and Jr killed yet another person when he could've simply knocked him out.

At nine years old and now he carried two bodies on his conscience.

Then again it was also her fault had she would've been stronger; she would've saved him the torment.

The second Draven confirmed it was safe to go in the house, Jr ran for his room meanwhile Sabrina waited for Draven to stride in and slammed the door with a lock. The slam startled Draven, but nothing startled him more than Sabrina's look. Her malicious eyes bore into his, a dirty glower.

Two things he thought about. One did she hide a weapon because the look he thought she wasn't capable of giving, screamed I want to kill you. Then two, what happened? She was happy minutes before they arrived.

He glanced both ways before glancing at her with an eyebrow arched. "Angel?"

As soon as the last syllable was heard, she threw a fist hard into his face surprisingly scrapping his skin. Cursing, she instantly cupped her fist, pacing back and forth with groans and hisses. Draven ignored his cheek and grabbed her hand in concern, but she pushed him away. "For god's sake, Angel, be pissed at me later" He snarled, and she breathed heavily as he took her hand in his own.