Chapter 27

The other night, they never got a word out about James. At least not a single coherent word. All the bawling had prevented so and the only words they could incoherently form was how they loved one another. All the down emotions made Draven unease had he never had to include himself in those feelings unless it came to Sabrina.

They had fallen asleep on James and because he was injured, Draven helped get them to bed before James could faint.

Draven coddled Sabrina in her sleep while Jr decided to sleep with James. Sabrina cried a lot in her sleep and all Draven could do was kiss her over and over, rub her back, whisper sweet things in her ear, and hold her. He didn't go to sleep when she wasn't in peace yet, not true peace. So much he's learned in the past weeks.

So much he's done.

If James hadn't planned a fake death, if Draven knew of the safe room, he would've killed their father.

Sabrina shifting in his arms caused him to loosen his hold as he thought she was finally feeling claustrophobic but when he did, she shook her head and whispered "No, tighter"

When she turned over, he saw the fresh batch of tears dousing her cheeks. She woke up crying, which was a first for him. She found herself on top of him, her face against his left pectoral, her right-hand flat against the right. Her eyes stayed closed as their stomachs rose and fell together. His fell, hers rose, hers rose, his fell, and the pattern continued. Her stable breathing was bliss to his ears, her body as well to his.

She breathed out and he knew words would spill any second. "T-tell me you love me"
"I love you" He instantly said without question. It was irrelevant why she wanted to hear it, but if it comforted her, he would say it thousand times more.

"Again" She sniffled, and he tilted his head to the side to brush her hair. "I love you so much, my Angel"

"Say it again Draven" She shifted, gripping his arm as her breath shook. "Angel talk to me" He whispered but she began to pull away and he gripped her body, locking his arms. "I love you. I'm in love with you, I will always be in love with you. I will never stop being in love with you. Understand me?" He hummed in question, and she nodded with a relieved sigh.

He sighed also, caressing her smooth back.

Sabrina didn't know how to feel. Yesterday seeing her father for the first time in over four years sprung emotions she didn't know she had. Of course, the first one was obvious; happiness. She was more than happy, ecstatic she saw her father. She missed him so much and it was hard. Hard on her, on Jr.

She only had a piece of her father and nowhere to find him but in a division of her heart where she had hoped, she would see him again and dread that she wouldn't.

She missed when they had daughter and father talks. She missed how protective he was when it came to boys as all fathers are. She missed the time she spent with her family.

But what about her mom?

Her life was so disarranged. No father, no mother. If she were to have her kids, would it be the same for them? "Draven..." She whispered and he hummed in response. She knew he wanted to keep words to a minimum not to increase her sadness.

"Where...where do you see yourself in the future? See us?"

Draven's eyes shut with an internal groan but outside he sighed. "Angel..." Why did she want to know? Now?
"Please" She sniffled. He felt her shudder and he knew this had been important, for what? He didn't know. Didn't know why she suddenly questioned.

"Well..." His eyes opened as he stared at the ceiling with a powerful imagination. "I see us with a child. A boy I dream of sometimes. I see us in a luxurious, beautiful glasshouse, somewhere secluded, far away from the world that plague us with cruelty and destruction. I—I see us waking up like this every day, you in my arms, tranquility surrounding us both. I would kiss your growing stomach every single day for 9 months until our baby came to be. I imagine Jr would fight me over having talks with him to" He chuckled, his arms loosening as he felt her body begin to calm.