Chapter 20

Sabrina rubbed Draven's back softly in circles as they inhaled and exhaled. Draven's clasped hands sat under his chin as his stomach heaved, his heart threatening to burst from his chest as he enjoyed yet hated Sabrina's comfort.

Then she kissed his shoulder, and her lips should've been hot as they always felt against him, but they weren't. That didn't mean they weren't blissful because as her lips were snow, his body the heated sun of bursting flames, her lips drew some of that heat away.

"I-i understand you want to console me, Angel, I really do but please... Don't" He huffed, removing her hand and moving away from her.

From the side he saw her nod, placing her hands in her lap, her head hung as her eyes downcast, and he now knew just how sad he made her. "Sorry" She whispered, and he missed the coldness just like that.

It hadn't been because he didn't want her touching him, but now he was the angriest he had ever been not even rage could describe the word too little to his capacity of emotion. In protection of Sabrina's feelings, he bottled it all up evidence of his simmering blood, heat radiating from his skin.

It only grew had he now hurt her. Unfortunately, he would risk her to burn if it meant it would put a smile on her face.

He forced himself near her again and pulled her to his lap, but she never stopped playing with her fingers or touched him and he wanted to punish her for that, but he told her not to. This would be the time he wished she was disobedient. He cradled her head as she laid her face in the crook of his neck. "Touch me Angel" He brushed down the back of her hair and he felt the coldness of her lips against his neck, her hands softly gliding up his chest.

"Talk to me please" Her voice was hoarse; she was to cry.

Did she understand how bad he wanted to? How he truly wished he could tell her but couldn't because so many vulgar things would leave his mouth, his tone would frighten her and if he dared to speak, he may display violence that would make her look at him differently and he didn't want to risk it. He couldn't bear her staring into his eyes with terror again.

The first time, he held a blade to her throat, threatening her life. The next, he held her bound to a bed, threatening to torture her flawless skin. Another he threatened to cut Jr's fingers off and lastly, he held her, accused her of abandoning him when all she wanted was to get her medicine.

He couldn't even think about the past when she stared at him in terror when she hadn't known him. Even when she did, still that fear never dissipated even as her love grew.

His voice shook, his body trembled as he lowered his head to her shoulder and squeezed her in his arms. He would have suffocated her along with broken bones if he didn't remember he was holding the most fragile woman in the world. That alone was a reason he answered. "I don't know what to say, Angel. I can't but I want to"

That was the truth. He wanted to share everything with this woman. Every thought, every emotion that couldn't sadden, anger, or hurt her, and he wasn't sure if this could do either, but she needed to know.
"Tell me what you feel" She rephrased and if she thought that was better, she had no idea.

He would tell her because she wanted to know.

Gently, he cupped her hands, moving them away from his body and she sat on the bed before he rose. He palmed a blade and handed it to her. She took it without complaint because she knew he didn't trust himself with such a weapon.

"I'm livid Angel. So, fucking livid" One second Sabrina saw him in the middle of the floor, the next his muscles contracted, and she knew what was next as he neared the wall.