𝙋𝘼𝙍𝙏 𝙏𝙒𝙊: 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀

𝙗𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙣 𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙚, 𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙖9:00 𝙖𝙢𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙥𝙤𝙫

9:00 𝙖𝙢
𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧
𝙤𝙢𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙥𝙤𝙫

———————

Two years had flown by since Kentrell left Atlanta. He'd finally released No Smoke, and the song did big numbers. Since then, he'd been on.

"Why you up so early?" Kentrell asked, mugging Makairi.

Makairi shrugged, continuing to crawl up his mother's chest, placing his hands on Kentrell's face. "Hungy."

"Yo ass wake up hungry." Kentrell groaned, not feeling like getting up.

One thing Kentrell didn't like about having a child is that Makairi was hungry every minute of the day. Every time you saw Makairi, all he asked about was food. It wasn't a normal day if Makairi didn't have a snack in his hand.

"Hungy!" Makairi whined, falling onto his momma's chest.

"Ight, stop all that whining." Kentrell mugged, picking Makairi up. "What you want to eat?"

"Pee pee shicken." Makairi babbled, wrapping one of his arms around Kentrell's neck.

"We ain't got no Popeyes chicken, Makairi." Kentrell mumbled.

"Pee pee shicken." Makairi whined, going limp in Kentrell's arms.

"I'm finna pop you." Kentrell warned.

Makairi began to cry, throwing his head back.

Kentrell sighed, pulling Makairi to his chest and rubbing his back. "Popeyes ain't open right now, Kairi."

"I want it." Makairi whined, crying into Kentrell's shoulder.

"What you want me to do, break in there and fry the chicken myself?" Kentrell asked, exhausted.

"Yeah." Makairi nodded, wiping his nose with the back of his hand.

"I can't do that, or ima go away for a while." Kentrell patted his back. "They gone open in a lil' bit, you gotta wait."

"Me no wait." Makairi whined, scrunching up his face.

"I'a make you some food, then when Popeyes open we can go get some. Thats sound good?" Kentrell asked.

"Yeah." Makairi smiled.

Kentrell fixed a bowl of oatmeal, trying to wait for it to cool down before handing it to Makairi.