05. blunts and exes

When Adriano got back to Las Vegas, his first stop was his casino

When Adriano got back to Las Vegas, his first stop was his casino. It shouldn't have been his first priority, but he needed to cool off and rethink his decisions before he sees the face of the woman he agreed to parenthood with.

As much as he hated to say it, he didn't think they were ready. Yes, he loves kids and he loves her, but Luca's words rang true to him. He couldn't expect that this would be healthy for his emotions at the end of the day.

She's basically using him so why is he not mad about it?

Sitting in the VIP section, smoking a blunt and watching the patrons of his lovely establishment, Adriano comes to realize that maybe he messed up in giving her an answer so quickly. He'd tell her he changed his mind if he didn't care about hurting her.

She'll end up doing it either way. He just wants her to do it with someone she trusts — and there aren't many of those.

"Adriano Santino?" A lilted voice fills the space in front of the man as he snaps back into reality. Standing in front of him with a red dress and a teasing smile is a face he'd hoped not to see again since that day eight years ago.

Gianna Damon was a selfish woman when the two were together in his freshman year of university. She hated when he had friends, when he did anything without her, when he broke her heart in the middle of her birthday party because she gave him an ultimatum against his best friend.

Not so surprising that he loved Adalena more than his girlfriend of three months.

He didn't want to respond — he shouldn't have to. How did she even find him?

He ignores her.

That doesn't stop her. She lowers herself beside him, most of her body resting on top of his as she leans toward him, face inches from his. Her red lips part to show white teeth and her slit in her dress rises to reveal her thigh.

"Mind sharing?" She questions, voice sultry as she motions to the waning blunt in between his fingers.

Yes, I do mind. Is what he wants to say but his high was already killed — what's the point in wasting the rest of it. He passes it to her and goes to stand but she turns toward him and blows the smoke right back into his face.

"Where you going, big guy?" She questions, tone patronizing as she stares at him with siren eyes.

He scowls, "Why are you here, Gianna?"

"Oh." She smirks, "He speaks." A second passes as she brings the blunt to her lips and inhales. "And he remembers me. How diplomatic." Adriano rolls his eyes and adjusts himself when she rests a hand on his thigh. "Tell me. Do you remember how you broke my heart for that girl you couldn't stop following around like a lost puppy? What was her name?" She questions as if she'd forgotten. When Adriano remains quiet, she sighs in false realization, "Ah, Adalena. Heard she owns her own company now. Have you finally confessed your love for each other yet or are you still waiting for her to give you the time of day?"

With annoyance rushing through his veins, the man finally meets the gaze of the woman beside him, stare intimidating as he looks at her. He doesn't back down. He knows not to. Especially against a woman like her who thrives off being annoying. "Why. Are. You. Here?"

She smiles and presses a kiss to his cheek, leaving red lipstick on his scar. "I missed you, Adri. Did you miss me?" Her hands trails to his inner thigh then to the bulge in his pants. He couldn't be softer at the moment. She leans closer, putting the blunt in the ash tray on the table. She gropes him this time, "Talk to me, baby." He tries to calm himself down. He doesn't hurt women but he's getting closer and closer to making her an exception. He's usually not against a little rub by a beautiful woman, but with consent. This ... this situation would grant him airtime on the news with his mugshot on display.

He wraps a hand around her throat, careful not to cause any damage. He leans toward her, lips almost brushing hers. She smirks but his face remains blank. "It's been eight years, Gianna." He deadpans, "Get over it."

She doesn't back and like the crazy woman she is, licks his lips, "I don't think I will, my love."

Veeeeeeeeery sorry for the late update 🥲