𝟎𝟎𝟑 ════ 𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬.

ESTELLA DELACOUR stood silently, rummaging through her closet, letting Elena's words flow from her phone. She picked out a pink dress, before shaking her head and putting it back. She pushed her brunette locks behind her ear, scouring deeper into the closet. Her brown eyes darted to the chair on her left with a bikini top and shorts she would need today.

Elena was worried. And for good reason. Jeremy was doing drugs for god sake! Estella wouldn't want to be in her position, dealing with the loss of not one but two parents,  an irresponsible fifteen-year-old drunk addict who seemed to think the world was his oyster and shutting out anyone who remotely cared about him, a guardian who was young enough to be Elena's older sister.

It was truly too much to handle.

Elena was so strong and Estella admired that. The eldest Gilbert was like a huge oak tree, resilient in the storm and providing shelter to her loved ones, never caring much about herself.

"He did what?"

Estella dropped the coat hanger, eyes widening in shock as Elena's words registered in her mind. That early morning she had been greeted by a call from her brunette best friend complaining that Jeremy had invited Vicki over without her or Jenna's permission carelessly.

A shiver of disgust crept up her spine as a violent image of Jeremy and Vicki in a... compromising position flashed in her mind. The disgust further intensified when she recalled being mortified that Vicki was seventeen, turning eighteen that year; almost a legal adult while Jeremy was a child.

"Ew, ew, ew, oh my god, Vicki's a pedophile!"

A beat passed.

"Oh my lord, ew no!" Elena exclaimed from the other end of the line, clearly on the same line of thought.

"Seriously, Vicki deserves a nice wack, and so does Jeremy."

The brunette walked down the stairs, bouncing on each step before entering the kitchen, as her throat had suddenly turned dry. She walked up to the kitchen counter and poured herself a glass of water, tilting her head to the side, successfully trapping her phone between her ear and shoulder.

Elena still hadn't spoken.

Another beat passed.

"I just .... I don't know what to do,"

Estella felt like her heart was being shattered into pieces as Elena timidly spoke, her voice cracking like glass in between.

A heavy weight settled.

"He'll be fine El," reassured Estella, forcing optimism in her tone as she placed her glass in the sterling sink.  Cold water from the tap almost caused her to shiver as she rinsed the glass."Mistakes are how we learn and grow, just like we did."