𝟎𝟎𝟖 ════ 𝟏𝟔𝟐 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬

ESTELLA DELACOUR felt like a parrot repeating words which didn't feel like words, just sounds that she was making without knowing their meaning

ESTELLA DELACOUR felt like a parrot repeating words which didn't feel like words, just sounds that she was making without knowing their meaning. The doe-eyed Delacour felt numbness creeping in. Repeating lies over again and again and feeling the inevitable guilt creep up her spine slowly like a vine trapping her and haunting her for the rest of the day and with every lie she told, the guilty feeling increased, only now, she managed to hide it.

"Where did Vicki say she was going?" asked Sheriff Forbes, who shared the same blue eyes and blonde hair as her daughter, Caroline.

Elizabeth Forbes, better knowns as Liz Forbes was the town's sheriff. She was a kind and compassionate woman, firmly believing in protecting the town. The wrinkles on her forehead were prominent, as she held a grim expression on her face, her hands interlocked in front of her.

Estella inhaled, knowing she had to lie and pretend it was the truth.

"She didn't." lied Estella, knowing in fact Vicki was in the afterlife but what could she do knowing the truth?

"Did she tell her brother where she was going?" pressed Sheriff Forbes leaning forwards as her blue eyes were fixed intently on Estella, trying to find a lie.

Estella swallowed trying to get rid of the guilt that had been haunting her. "No, she didn't say anything to me as we were never close." 

"What was her behaviour like those last few days before she left?" asked the Sheriff.

Estella began tapping her foot, playing a tune, trying to calm her nerves. "I didn't see her much as I was sick, and I only saw her at the party moments after leaving," said Estella, partially telling the truth.

"Any signs of aggression or violence?"

Estella furrowed her eyebrows as she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, the previous night's events flashing before her eyes. "None that I know of,"

"So you believe Vicki really has left town?"

"I do," said the brunette lying between her teeth, as she squirmed a little in her seat.

"That's all, thank you for your cooperation," said Sheriff Forbes smiling kindly at the doe-eyed Delcour the creases on the side of her face becoming more prominent.

Estella forced a smile on her lips and after telling her it was no problem at all, she exited the police station.

Sighing as she ran her fingers through her straight brown hair, letting out a breath. Her brown eyes travelled to see Stefan and Elena conversing.

Stefan smiled at her tensely, as he had been worried sick about Estella and Estella gave him a tiny smile and nodded, telling him she was alright. She walked down the steps and stood beside Elena.

"Are you OK?" asked Stefan and Estella pursed her lips. She was anything but fine but she didn't want to worry the green-eyed Salvatore.

"I'm...." sighed Estella. "As good as I can be, I suppose,"