𝟎𝟏𝟑 ════ 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐧𝐞𝐝

THE PLAN WAS MADE AND SET IN STONE. Stefan and Elena had promised Damon to get Katherine back for him, which the brunette wasn't sure he deserved. But she was willing to do anything to drive the off-the-rails Salvatore out of town and out of her life.

Although the thought of meeting Katherine in person, made goosebumps appear on her arm. Meeting someone who was supposed to look exactly like her best friend was unsettling. 

She hoped getting Katherine out of the tomb would turn her life blissful and she prayed they would skip town the second the vampire was out.  

She shut her locker with a sigh, all of the new developments swirling through her mind, as she mindlessly picked out her books. The brunette glanced down at her books, feeling an odd sinking feeling; like something was about to happen. Good or bad she couldn't tell.

She turned to her side, her hair full down from the small braids she had twisted on her crown, frowning at it momentarily before trying to gently pull the bobby pins. Once satisfied, she ran her fingers through the previously braided hair and pushed it back as the waves bounced.

The brunette was so immersed in fixing her hair that she didn't notice another figure had joined her. The figure leaned against one of the lockers with its paint chipping and Estella turned to face her, almost jumping out of her own skin.

"Oh," She put a hand on her chest to calm her racing heart. "You scared me," She said, her lips turning into a pout. Ariadne grinned at her, before coming closer.

"You are such a scaredy cat," 

Estella gasped in mock hurt, dramatically placing both hands on her chest, "Am not!"

"So are,"

"Am not!"

They bickered back and forth, each sporting an amused smile. Soon laughter bubbled up their throats and escaped, creating sweet harmonious sounds. The other students turned to look at them, before shaking their heads. The bell rang signally that class was about to start.

"I'll get going see you later," said Estella, a sweet smile gracing her features, dimples digging into the sides of her mouth. The brunette turned to leave but was stopped when an arm gently stopped her.

All hints of smiles and happiness were immediately wiped off Ariadne's face, as the curly-headed brunette had a stoic expression. 

"Don't get close to Damon," she warned with an eerie edge to her voice.

Estella laughed uncomfortably, her doe-eyed scanning around her environment, wanting to see a way out. There was a wave of students heading to their classes as they passed by.

"I am serious, don't get close to Damon," said Ariadne shooting her a pointed look before leaving, as Estella caught sight of a pink scarf breezing in the wind and she suddenly felt like she was punched in the gut.