𝟎𝟐𝟎 ════ 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬

ESTELLA DELACOUR was peering into the small bars of the cellar, stretching to her full height and craning her neck to see Stefan still laying on his back, his eyes shut in what appeared to be a fitful sleep. He was sweating profusely, his eyes scrunching momentarily before he shook his head from one side to the next.

Small rays of light were blocked by Estella's frame, darkening the cellar even more. Her black shadow appeared on Stefan's head. The latter opened his eyes, and Estella found no warmth in them that she had found previously, only fear hidden away in the green of his irises. He squinted his eyes.

"Stefan, you'll be okay," her honeyed voice spoke. At the sound of glacé voice, Stefan froze. It was all coming back to him. 

STEFAN SALVATORE wasn't selfish. He simply couldn't be. Being selfish was not written in his soul, he was made to be a righteous, pure soul, no matter what. He always tried so hard to be good, so hard to be good, wanting to erase his wrongs. But deep down he knew, no matter how much he wanted to suppress the monster with fangs inside of him, there would inevitably be a time when blood would rain on whichever town he visited.

He shuddered to think about the outcome of it.

It had been one fine day on May 23, 2009. The day that would change everything. He had been visiting Mystic Falls as he always had, and the next thing he knew, he was swimming in the harsh currents of water, where a car had violently fallen into. 

He had managed to pull out a girl and when he saw her, he froze; Elena Marie Gilbert.

A doppelganger of Katherine's. He was immediately allured.

With perfect doe eyes that had gold sprinkled in them that shone like the stars, a serene smile seemed to be on her perfectly cupid-shaped lips, with light olive skin she seemed almost like an angel that had descended from the heavens above. Her mannerisms were so different from Katherine and Stefan felt a magnetic pull towards her. The urge to know her only grew the more he saw her.

But Stefan Salvatore didn't want to be selfish; the number of hardships he would bring into her life; secrets; supernatural, he didn't want to. He knew he had to leave her be.

It was only when he saw her that he could no longer believe his eyes. Pink lips curled into a saccharine smile. Straight brown hair framing her rectangular-shaped face. Bushy eyebrows and a pale complexion. Her honeyed voice of hers was so charming that you could listen to it all the time. Warm oak brown eyes were doe-like, almost hazel in some lights, and sparkled with a gleam.

Estella Viktoria Gracie Margaret Delcour, she was named.

A replica of Marlene.

His chest swelled with curiosity. He couldn't stay away from these two brunettes.