𝟎𝟎𝟒 ════ 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐢𝐞𝐬

ESTELLA DELACOUR had a myriad of emotions circling her head

ESTELLA DELACOUR had a myriad of emotions circling her head. Disbelief and surprise overwhelmed her. She couldn't feel the normal contentment she felt like she normally did when she was going to cheerleading practice. The vampire thing was still stuck in her mind, no matter how hard she tried to suppress it.

Immortal creatures of the night which the brunette had deemed to be non-existent, suddenly appeared to be real. The situation was hard to grasp.

With her body on autopilot, her feet padded away in the direction of the football game, her pom-poms in her hands. Her high ponytail bounced behind her, waves curled into her hair, a red ribbon flying in the breeze.

She had never liked the cheerleading uniform with its short maroon skirt which had slits on either side so the cheerleaders could move freely and a red crop top that had a V-neck which Estella had deemed deeper than necessary exposing her chest.

"Ooh." cooed Elena, catching Estella's attention. She made her way towards Elena, standing beside Stefan. "Look at you. You look hot in your jersey."

Stefan's lips curved into a smile.

"What happened?" asked Stefan flickering his eyes up and down Elena's body. Estella furrowed her eyebrows when she saw the normal clothes Elena had worn. "No more cheerleader?"

"I quit," said Elena in defeat, darting her eyes to the floor. "I'm a quitter."

"No, hey," The green-eyed boy said, taking the brunette Gilbert's hands. "you're not a quitter. You suffered a great loss. You're not the same person. You should be looking ahead. You should be starting over. Ok?"

Elena softly smiled at the boy's sweet words and nodded her head.

"I hope you don't think this is... Too soon or too weird, but..." Stefan trailed uncomfortably. "I, uh, I wanted you to have this."

The green-eyed boy held up a little brown coloured box and opened it. In it was a necklace that was mesmerising. The chain was silver and in the middle of the chain danged an oval-shaped charm of the same colour with a red gemstone on the top of it. There were intricate vines with circular dotes at the end.

Elena grinned from ear to ear, a soft blush adorning her cheeks. "Oh, my god, it's beautiful."

Estella eyed the necklace Elena held up, her heart swelling at the cute gesture. She found herself admiring him in a brand-new light; a certain fondness entering her heart.

"It's something that I've had forever." Elena looked at him, love pouring into her eyes for Stefan who spoke. "And, uh, I've never wanted to give it to anyone until now. I'd very much like it if you'd wear it for me, For...Good luck."

"Romeo sure knows how to get gifts for his Juliet."

Elena and Stefan blushed like the cuties they were, pearly whites on display.