𝟐𝟒 ════ 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞

"SLAY THE BEAST"

"What?"

"Defeat the beast and rid humanity of its terror. Liberate his oppressed offspring by shedding the blood of the monster. Through staining your hands with scarlet gore, put an end to his tyranny that has lasted for centuries. Let justice prevail, finally fulfilling its long-awaited purpose."

"I don't ... I don't understand."

"Eventually, a comprehensive explanation will be provided, dear purveyor of long-awaited justice."

"What?"

"Please wake up honey, please."

A sweet honeyed glazed voice found its way into Estella's ears. Her eyebrows slightly twitched when she identified the emotions of the voice; scared, anguished, and slightly scratchy.

"Slay the beast. After the man turns into his true form, on the night of the blood moon, free him from his burdens."

"Honey, please."

"Kill him you must. Avenge the witch."

"Avenge the witch."

"Avenge the witch."

"Honey!"

With a gasp, Estella suddenly opened her eyes.

"Mum I'm fine!" Estella Delacour protested loudly as her mother pushed her into her home in a wheelchair, causing weird sounds on the floor.

"For the last time, Stella this isn't up for discussion."

Just as she uttered the statement, the wheel got caught on the carpet. Estella sighed to herself as her mother did a few weird tricks and manoeuvres to get the wheelchair over the carpet.

"Mum, the doctor said I'm fine. Miraculous recovery and all that remember?"

"Estella Viktoria Gracie Margaret Delacour." Estella winced as her mother uttered her full government name; a clear sign she was angry. "You had glass in your lungs and were bleeding internally from your stomach. You broke your right arm and left leg, and had a herniated disk. You had a thousand scrapes and cuts all over your body so don't you sit there and tell me you have recovered the second you woke up!"

Estella glanced upwards to look at her mother, whose chest rose up and down vigorously, and she almost flared down at her daughter with flustered cheeks.