𝟐𝟗 ════ 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

"GO ON." 

"I -I-"

"Wrap your fingers around the hilt of the sword, I promise, it will not harm you."

Trembling hands wrapped around the hilt of the sword.

A beat passed.

Nothing happened.

"I'm afraid, you're not the one. Forget everything and take your leave."

Grey eyes stared into brown ones, the pupils dilating before she was robbed of her memory.

"HEY ESTELLA," Ariadne breathed, taking a break from wiping the tables. She hurried to put her loose strands of hair into a messy bun, throwing her a grin.

"Oh hey, Ariadne," Estella breathed, her surprised face forming a smile.

It was currently odd, Ariadne noted to herself. Estella sported a style she had never seen her in - black leather pants that shone with a gleam, a tank top that showed more chest than Ariadne had ever seen her show, paired with a black leather jacket. Her hair was thrown back, forming loose waves that she pushed back, cheery coloured lips curving into a wider smile that showed her gleaming teeth.

Ariadne blinked in response.

"Um, are you busy? Can I talk to you?" Estella questioned, big doe eyes scanning the restaurant. Relatively empty seats stared back at her, only a soft hustle and bustle of the other restaurant workers entering her ears.

"Um, well, I'm in the middle of a shift," Ariadne glanced behind her, trying to spot her manager. Seeing no sight of him, she quickly turned, grabbing Estella's arm. A sudden cold feeling overcame her. A gnawing sensation grew in her chest, tendrils growing and slowly wrapping around her heart and staying there, refusing to move.

Ariadne knew what the feeling was. Her face fell into an uneasy look as she shuffled back on instinct.

Estella quirked an eyebrow at her. 

"Um, actually on second thought, t-that m-might not be a good idea cause like I'm already like on my second strike and my manager has sworn he will fire me on my third," a nervous giggle escaped her lips. "Maybe later?"