𝟐𝟑 ════ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧

"HOW are Caroline and Estella?"

The question left Bonnie's lips with an urgency as the newly added weight in her lungs made it difficult to breathe. She got flashes of her recent interactions with Estella and Caroline and a wave of guilt threatened to drown her.

"They are not good, Bonnie."

Panic flooded in the hollows of her chest.

"We were driving and Tyler heard this noise and he got..." Matt trailed in defeat, bright eyes dimming down with sadness.

"A noise?"

"He got this migraine or something and he lost control of the car and...I thought that they were fine and then...and then they weren't so..."

Everything blurred. Lights blurred. Noises blurred.

"Bonnie. How are they?"

Bonnie blinked back into reality, registering a faint coating of saline water on her lashes. The witch looked to her side, furrowing her eyebrows at Elena before turning to her other side, frowning as Matt seemed to have disappeared.

When did Matt leave? When did Elena arrive?

"Caroline's weak. They don't know if she's going to make it."

The words lingered in the air for a moment and Bonnie finally registered the words leaving her mouth. An icy chill rattled her bones.

"And Estella will be in a comatose state for god knows how long. They said something about internal bleeding. They don't know if she will survive long enough to wake."

"What?"

Bonnie embraced Elena, closing her eyes as Elena's scent calmed her ever so slightly. At least one of her friends was okay.

Damon who was near peered over at them, with no emotion.

"Is there something that you can do? Like a spell or something?"

"She doesn't know how, do you?" Damon asked easily crushing Elena's spirit.

A flare of anger erupted in Bonnie's chest, eyes showing a forest fire. This was all Damon Salvatore's fault and for him to act like it wasn't made her want to kill him with a snap of her fingers.

The tomb vampires, Isobel, her grandmother dying, now Caroline and Estella at the end of the day wasn't it all Damon's fault?

"No, I don't."

"No, you don't because it took Emily years to learn a spell like that."

Bonnie Bennet was not amused. She had only found out a she was a witch like yesterday and hadn't had time to practice any of her advanced magic, but, of course, why would a narcissistic psychopath understand that?