𝟐𝟓 ════ 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐫 𝐁𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝

I'M SO SORRY, but I need time, I'm happy you healed though. I promise I'll see you soon.
- xoxo Bonnie.

Estella was sitting on her bed, staring intently at the text message on her phone. Her face was contorted with a mix of emotions, as she read and reread the message. She had been feeling lonely and had reached out to Bonnie the previous morning, hoping for the warmth of her company, but instead, Bonnie had asked for space. 

As Estella continued to gaze at the message, a wave of anger and resentment began to wash over her, making her heart feel heavy and her breath shallow. She wished she could understand why Bonnie needed space, but the lack of explanation only added to her frustration.

She had just woken up from a coma and yet she felt like none of her friends cared.

The brunette felt alone, especially remembering how Elena and Caroline had just abandoned her yesterday.

As she stood in the public area with Caroline and Elena, she put on a brave face and pretended that everything was fine. However, deep down inside, she was consumed by a feeling of emptiness and sadness. It felt as though a hole had formed in her chest, reminding her of the pain she was trying so hard to suppress. 

Despite her efforts to hide her emotions, she couldn't help but feel hollow inside, as if a part of her had been taken away. The weight of her internal struggle was heavy and overwhelming, and she longed for a moment of peace and understanding.

"So suddenly, she's in the running for Mother of the Year just when I'm trying to avoid her the most. I'm babbling, you don't want to hear all this."

Estella forced herself to listen to Caroline and her problems. She knew that the blonde and her mother didn't have the best relationship with her ever-so-demanding job as a police officer and being the sole provider of her family. 

Heavy paint buckets held by both her hands caused her to get momentarily distracted as the liquid almost spilt out. They stood under the arch that they were supposed to paint and Elena started on the bottom while Caroline and Estella began on the top.

"Oh, no, sorry," muttered Elena, clearly distracted by something. Estella was devastated to learn that Elena and Stefan had parted ways. She had always thought they were perfect for each other, but alas, it seemed that their love had come to an end. However, Estella soon found out that there was more to the story than just a simple breakup.