𝟎𝟐𝟏 ════ 𝐈𝐬𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐥

ESTELLA DELACOUR didn't know what to think. Although Stefan had managed to leave his suicidal tendencies and returned to being a quasi-normal vampire - as normal as being a vegetarian vampire that goes haywire on the sight of blood -, Isobel was proving to be a bigger problem.

Isobel was sparking more annoyance than fear in Estella's heart, that stupid woman whose motives were mysterious and unknown and seemed to have a life's mission to be the irritating piece of gum under someone's shoes.

The brunette had rampaged around her house like a mad person, putting vervain everywhere - her mother's tea, perfume, food, and spritzing it around the house. Her mother had been impressed by the notion that Estella had been cleaning - far from the truth but Estella let her believe that for the time being. Just as she finished sorting her belongings, and putting some pictures and other things away, her mother leaned against the doorway, crossing her arms with an angelic smile appearing on her face.

"I've to say, I'm impressed."

A smile bloomed on the siphon Delacour, her mother's voice laced with pride, seeming like music to her ears. The rays of the bright sun appeared through the window, warming up the room uncomfortably, and brightening it up. Small beads of sweat appeared on Estella's forehead that she wiped away, stood up with her hands on her hips and admired her work. Her entire room that been cleaned and organised most efficiently, the faint smell of vervain lingering in the atmosphere.

"Thanks," she said gratefully, her slender fingers wrapping around the glass that was handed to her by her mother. She took a sip of the water, and it pleasantly cooled her insides.

Her mother affectionately ran her hand through Estella's chocolate locks as Estella smiled in bliss. She remembered when Elena's parents had just passed away and Estella couldn't help but feel guilty when her mother hugged her or kissed her cheek with adoration, remembering how Elena and Jeremy didn't have that luxury anymore...

The brunette forcefully swallowed, expelling away her thoughts for the time being, taking another sip of water.

"Stella, I need you to clear your schedule for today."

Estella adjusted her ponytail, tightening it. "What for?"

"Dinner with the Lockwoods," her mom replied, quickly scuffling away from Estella and quickly exiting the room. Estella's eyes turned as wide as saucers, as she parted her lips to protest.

"I know what you are going to say, save it, we are going," Her mother shouted firmly, turning on the fan in Estella's room.

 Estella let out a groan of annoyance, falling to the ground dramatically. The ponytail was squished against the floor uncomfortably and the brunette groaned again, forcefully pulling it out, the only sound being the fan spinning.