𝟎𝟏𝟎 ════ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭

ESTELLA DELACOUR  bobbed her head side to side, her brown hair slapping her face lightly as she swayed her hips and flipped the pancake that she had been cooking. Her pink lips were plastered in a smile looking at the brown delicious goodness in the pan. 

Her headphone blasted the song 'I Kissed a Girl ' by Katy Perry. Mouthing the lyrics to herself and dancing, she put the pancake on the plate.

Estella didn't let her mind wander to last night's events. She was tired of just thinking. So the brunette figured this was the perfect distraction.

I kissed a girl and I liked it, the taste of her cherry chapstick.

She sang, placing the plate on the dining table. Her brown eyes made eye contact with her mom's darker brown ones, who had an amused smile on her face.

Pulling her headphones down, Estella brightly smiled. "I made pancakes!"

"I can see that sweetie," Her mother hummed in satisfaction, placing herself on the dining chair. Her mom's phone began to ring, and her mother picked it up. Her mother's amused smile disappeared and she turned almost panicky.

Knitting her eyebrows together, Estella opened her mouth to ask what was wrong before her mother quickly scurried away, hiding. 

Now the curiosity began to kill her and the brunette jumped in action, tip-toeing on the white carpet as she pressed her ear against the door of the storage room, the room her mother walked in.

"Another person is dead?" 

Estella immediately stiffened as she heard her mother talk on the phone. She paused trying to gather her thoughts, her doe eyes turning as wide as saucers.

"Ripped throat?" She heard her mother say, worry lacing her tone.

Estella pushed a strand of her brown hair behind her ear as she stepped even closer to the door. She could hear shuffling on the other side of the door.

"Do you think it's a vampire?" Her mother asked, lowly almost whispering. There was a pause.

"We need to sort this out," Her mother replied and Estella now positioned herself farther from the door, the gears in her mind turning wildly.

Another vampire? Her mother knew about vampires? From what Estella knew, Damon staking Lexi was to divert to reassure the council that the town was free of vampires (Stefan had told her this in defence of his brother's action when questioned by Estella)

She quickly walked to the kitchen and grabbed her bag, quickly rushing out the door as she mumbled a goodbye to her mother. She paused in her movements, quickly stuffing a pancake in her mouth as she ran to her car. It really seemed like Estella couldn't catch a break with the new turn of events.