Chapter 3 - Vitani

Wolf Hunter

Wolf Hunter

© Copyright 2015 - Please do not copy any part or idea from this book.

Chapter 3

I can't do it. I can't kill her.

I mean, it's a library. Other people would see the body, not just the Gamma and Beta.

Firstly, she's really nice.

Secondly, the clean up would be a pain in the ass.

Thirdly, she's nice and I can't kill her. Period.

And I'm not feeling sorry for her, it's mostly that I'm feeling lazy and don't necessarily want to clean up all the blood that will spill.

I'll have to think of another way to get the message to their Alpha.

Oh! Of course! I'll mark her.

"And then he took out the flowers and asked me to be his girlfriend!" She finished. I almost fell asleep while she told me the story of how her "boyfriend" asked her out.

A clear lie. Of course, a male wolf doesn't need to ask his mate to be his girlfriend. They're gonna be together anyway. Unless that whole rejection process begins and I'm not sure how that works. Headquarters didn't bother showing us about that since we kill them all anyway.

"How sweet!" I exclaimed. She smiled.

"Hey, could you accompany me to the restrooms?" I asked her.

"Of course!" She grinned. She led the way because I had no idea where the bathrooms were. Once we got there, I pushed her inside and shut the door behind me.

"Hey!" she yelled out, catching her balance and not falling.

"Be silent," I said. Her eyes widened.

"You're a hunter, aren't you?" she asked. I smirked.

"One of the best known!" I grinned. She sighed as if used to this situation.

"Are you going to kill me?" She asked. I laughed. She has no idea what's coming.

"Not yet. I need to let your Alpha know that as of now, his pack is under attack."

"And you're gonna kill me and let my mate take the message?" She glared at me.

"Are you deaf or just stupid? I told you I wouldn't kill you, mutt. But yes, that was my original plan. I changed my mind, though." I spat out.

"What made you change your mind?" She asked.

"Your kindness. Not all hunters are mean." I said. She narrowed her eyes.

"But you were going to kill me."

"And then I realized what a pain in the ass cleaning up your blood would be," I taunted. She growled. Silence followed and I decided to break it as I locked the door to make sure no one came into the restroom while we had our little chat.

"I said I'm one of the best known hunters, right?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Yes." she replied. I grinned at her through the mirror as I washed my hands, grabbing some paper towels.

"Why do you think that is?" I asked with a smirk on my face.

"Because you don't care?" she guessed.

"Yes. I don't care that I kill your kind. Besides, I'm a sociopath. I can't feel. I don't feel regret or guilt, so it's easier for my family and I to kill your kind."

"Kill my kind?" She scoffed.

"Monsters. Your kind are monsters that need to be killed before you hurt more humans. I don't understand why you even exist. Such a useless species that exists in this world. All you do is kill over and over again." I spat out.

"Oh, I see. You hunters believe we have the attitudes of Rogues!" She laughed out, as if in disbelief.

"Excuse me? Rogues? Care to explain yourself?"

"Rogues are wolves without packs. They're the wolves you should be after. Packs don't cause harm. We simply live in peace. Rogues do cause harm and trouble," she said. I frowned.

"You're all the same. If you got kicked out of your pack, then you would be a rogue or whatever and you would be dangerous. You're all rogues in a way." I said.

"You're not a very bright hunter, are you?" She asked. I scoffed at her, crossing my arms.

"Well, I'm brighter than you and that's all I care about. Now back to business." I huffed out.

"You want me to go tell my Alpha that you're hunting us?" She asked. I smiled.

"I want you to show your Alpha!" I exclaimed.

"And how the hell do you plan on doing that?" She asked in an irritated tone.

"I'm going to mark you," I said slowly.

"You're going to mark me?" She asked, her face turning into one of disgust. A shame that the word mark doesn't mean the same thing to us.

I took my sword out.

"Precisely," I hissed. Her eyes widened.

"Silver," she whispered, wide eyes not breaking contact with my sword.

"Make this quick and give me your arm. Unless you want the hard way?"

She growled and bared her sharpened teeth at me while her eyes glowed.

"Why do they always choose the hard way?" I asked myself. She ran towards me.

I quickly put my sword up and pointed it at her, making her stop.

"Come on. You plan on going up against me?" I laughed. In a swift motion I quickly swung my sword, slicing her skin and leaving a long and deep cut on her skin in the shape of a V. She growled, holding her injured arm up to her chest.

"I've never even heard of you! Elizabeth the Hunter? You're not even known!" She spat.

"My name isn't Elizabeth, mutt."

"Then what is your name?" She asked.

"I'm sure you've heard of my parents and I?" I asked grinning.

"Tell me your name!"

"Vitani," I said slowly, watching her face turn into one of horror. Her eyes widened and her skin turned pale. I could almost see her stomach dropping to her feet. She looked nauseous all of a sudden.

"Vitani?" She asked unbelievingly, looking down at her hand and figuring out that the V stood for Vitani.

"Vitani." I confirmed, a smirk plastered on my face while I placed my hands on my hips.

"Your family is after my pack?" She asked in horror. I shook my head.

"Oh no, sweetheart, I'm the only one after you. Once I annihilate your pack, I'll be well known as a solo hunter in this world. This mission is what will help me make a name for myself. You don't stand a chance against me."

"You alone?" The disbelief was evident in her voice.

"Lucky for you, my mother was only the tracker of the packs we've gone after and my father was the one in charge of killing the alphas. Guess who killed the rest of the wolves?"

"There's no way. It's impossible," she exclaimed. I laughed.

"Then you'll just have to watch me kill your fellow pack members one by one until you believe me." I growled out.