Chapter 28 - A Big Surprise

Wolf Hunter

Wolf Hunter

© Copyright 2016 - Please do not copy any part or idea from this book.

Chapter 28

"Come in," I said when I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

The door opened and in came Danny.

"Hey, V."

"Hey, Danny," I said, sitting up from my bed.

"So what happened? Have you told your parents about your shift?" He asked. I stared straight ahead with what I'm sure was a blank look on my face.

"No, I don't think I ever will. They kept a secret from me, so I'll keep one from them," I replied.

"Kept something from you?"

"Apparently my dad hooked up with a Succubus before he was married to Bethany. The Succubus was Lilith and she came back once I was born and left me here with my dad," I explained.

Danny lifted his eyebrows in surprise. "That's.. wow. I don't even know what to say, V," he said.

"If you're speechless, imagine how I am right now."

"So, why'd you come back?" He asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Turns out I'm half demon. I didn't want to hurt anyone in the pack or Atticus," I said, looking down at my hands.

"Half demon?!" Danny asked in shock.

I laughed. "Sounds insane, huh?"

"Totally ridiculous!" He laughed with me.

"And I have great evil in me," I said with another laugh.

"And can you control it?" Danny asked.

"I have to find out how, but as of right now, no. I can't," I said with a long sigh.

Danny nudged me with his elbow. "Hey, cheer up. Want to go out and do something?"

I smiled at him.

"That sounds good," I said. We both stood up. Danny was about to leave, but I stopped him.

"Thank you, Danny. You're a great friend." I said. He smiled.

"I just don't want you to be unhappy," he said. I hugged him. He laughed, then lifted me up and spun me around. I laughed along with him.