Chapter 16 - A Kiss

Wolf Hunter

Wolf Hunter

© Copyright 2015 - Please do not copy any part or idea from this book.

Chapter 16

Everything was silent when Atticus said that we were now at war with my family.

"Why?" Julian asked suddenly, and everyone nodded in agreement, wanting to know the answer to the question.

"Vitani has changed and is no longer interested in hunting our pack. She will help fight in the war with the hunters. She is on our side now," Atticus explained.

The first thing said was absolutely hilarious.

"You're absolutely whipped to be believing that bullsh*t!" someone yelled.

Atticus growled.

"-lying!"

"She's using you, Alpha!"

"Don't believe-"

"It's her strategy! Don't listen to her lies!"

I looked down and spoke lowly, knowing Atticus would hear me even with everyone screaming.

"I told you. They don't believe it," I said. I started to walk down the stairs and headed towards the door, but I felt two strong arms stop me.

"Don't give up hope," he said, kissing my cheek.

He grabbed my hand and held it gently, then lifted it up and kissed it.

"I don't want your pack to go to war," I said softly.

"It's okay."

"No, it's not. My family will gather as many hunters as they can possibly get. If your pack refuses to fight, then you'll all be dead. I need to go back to them," I said.

A low growl came from him.

"You're not going anywhere. You're staying with me, and that's final," he said with what I could assume was his Alpha voice.

"I'm not a wolf, it won't work on me," I laughed, placing my hand on his cheek.

He smiled at me, and let out a light laugh.

"It's worth a try," he chuckled, bringing me closer to him.

He stared at me intently.

"What are you thinking?" I asked.

"I'm picturing you with electric blue eyes, and sharp teeth," he said.

I held my breath.

"And how would I look?"

"It'd definitely be a change, I can tell you that," he laughed. "You'd look amazing, though."

I'm sure I was giving him a look, because he cleared his throat.