Chapter 4 - V

Okay so I know the photo to the side is one of a guy and a cartoon one, but that's how I picture something that happens later on in the chapter

Okay so I know the photo to the side is one of a guy and a cartoon one, but that's how I picture something that happens later on in the chapter. ~Calla

P.S. Can you guess where the photo is from, though?

Wolf Hunter

© Copyright 2015 - Please do not copy any part or idea from this book.

Chapter 4

"Now that I've marked you, go to your Alpha and tell him. He'll have enough time to run away before I catch him. I'll have to kill your pack before I get to your Alpha anyway." I said. She growled.

"Our Alpha would never leave us. He's brave. He won't be scared to face you. The moment he finds out that you're after his pack, he'll probably kill you before you even get to us." She said in a low voice.

"Such high hopes for him! That's what the last pack we destroyed said about their Alpha, yet he ran away and never looked back. My goodness, the coward even threw himself on the floor and begged us not to take his life. It was moving actually, I almost felt sorry. Then my father cut his head off." I told her as I took out a gallon of liquid and spilled it on the floor. She narrowed her eyes.

"Our Alpha is nothing like that."

"Whatever. Make sure you tell him, yeah? If you don't tell him, I'll kill you." I threatened.

"What are you spilling gasoline on the floor for?" She asked. I rolled my eyes.

"This isn't gasoline, dear. Oh, and any second your Beta and his sidekick will show up," I sighed out as I took out a box of matches, taking out out.

I heard the door burst open and turned around immediately. Julian and Ivan stood there with guns pointed right at my head.

"See?" I asked, turning around to look at Laura. "Ugh, so much for having locked the stupid door."

"Step away from her or we shoot you." Julian growled.

"Good luck aiming, you mutt." I laughed. I quickly stuck the match I held in my fingers and threw it on the ground, watching the flames rise in seconds. Smoke immediately came up, enough for me to spray the Wolfsbane mix in the air to hide my scent, and to run out without them seeing me leave.

Laura's POV

"Good luck aiming, you mutt," Vitani laughed. She quickly lit up the match she had taken out seconds before Julian and Ivan broke into the bathroom. The match burned fast and she tossed it to the floor. The room instantly started burning, the flames rising up so high that we wouldn't be able to cross the fire to reach her. The smoke was thick and I was unable to see anything but her shadow standing there, one hand on her hip. Slowly, her shadow faded away, remaining in the same position the whole time. How she did it, I have no idea.

The fire burned out in seconds and the fog cleared, leaving no sign of her behind. Not even a scent.

How the fire stopped is beyond me. Must have been the liquid she said was not gasoline.

I whimpered at the pain in my forearm. Ivan immediately ran to me bending down and checking me.

"Are you hurt?" Ivan asked. I nodded, showing him my bleeding arm.

"What did Elizabeth do to you?" Julian asked, bewildered.

"Her name isn't Elizabeth." I sighed. Both Ivan and Julian looked at me quickly, demanding for her true name with one look.

"She's Vitani," I sighed. Their eyes widened a bit.

"The daughter of Wyatt and Bethany?" Julian asked. I nodded.

"We need to tell our Alpha immediately." Ivan said.

"She wanted me to tell Atticus. To show him her mark." I spoke. Ivan growled.

"It'll be leaving a scar on your skin." he growled, eyes turning black.

"It's fine." I said to him, placing my hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him.

"It's silver. Let's get you to the pack doctor." Julian ordered. I nodded and stood up.

*~*~*~*~*~

"Atticus, my mate needs to speak to you." Ivan said. He gently pushed me forward to our Alpha.

"What is it?" Atticus asked, an uninterested expression on his face.

"We're being hunted. Someone is here with orders to destroy this pack." I said.

"And who is the hunter? I'm sure I'll be able to kill him when he enters pack property." He replied.

"It's not a guy..." I said slowly. His face lifted up, looking at me. I showed him the healed cut on my arm. A clear V.

"What's that?"

"The mark she gave me." I replied.

"Who is she?" He asked.

"The daughter of Wyatt and Bethany... Vitani." I spoke.

Atticus narrowed his eyes.

"I'll find her. Once I catch her, she's dead." he growled out, snapping the pencil he was holding in two.