Chapter 34 - Sleepwalker

(Recommended that you listen to the song later on in the book, I'll have a note when ~Calla)

Wolf Hunter

© Copyright 2016 - Please do not copy any part or idea from this book.

Final Chapter

"Alpha Atticus is dead."

It took a moment for me to process what he had said.

And I burst out laughing when I did.

Amy looked horrified, and there I was, laughing like an idiot.

I wiped the tears and blew out a breath.

"Oh, you're funny. Now, tell me the real news," I said, a smile on my face.

He looked down. "I'm sorry, Luna, but the Alpha is truly dead. There is no other news."

The smile fell from my face.

"No, you're lying. Atticus is not dead. Where is he? This is not a funny joke," I said.

"Vitani, listen to me," Amy said. She grabbed my shoulders and turned me to her.

"Atticus is dead. He's not coming back," she said.

She said it so harshly, as if trying to get it through my head, but something flashed in her eyes when she said it.

Like she was completely broken inside.

"Oh, please, this can't be happening," I said. My knees felt weak once again and I felt like I was about to throw up, about to pass out.

"Take me to him," Amy said.

"Luna, do you wish to come?" The doctor asked.

I nodded slowly.

Atticus is dead. I can't... Atticus is dead. He died. He's not with us anymore.

I couldn't bring myself to cry; the shock wouldn't let me.

We reached room 14 in no time, and I stopped, making Amy and the doctor stop.

"Vitani?" Amy asked.

"I can't go in there, I can't see him. I'm so used to seeing him alive, and now he's in there lifeless. I can't do it."

"I understand. Do you wish to make his funeral public or private?" The doctor asked.

Think like a Luna. You're the only leader of this pack now.

"Public. The pack must say a final goodbye to their Alpha," I replied. The doctor nodded and scribbled down on his notepad.