Chapter 29 - Threats

Wolf Hunter

Wolf Hunter

© Copyright 2016 - Please do not copy any part or idea from this book.

Chapter 29

I woke up to the sound of something breaking. I immediately stood up and grabbed a throwing knife that was on my nightstand and threw it at the dark figure next to my door.

I heard a small scream and instantly recognized who had made the noise.

"Damn it, what the hell are you doing, Danny?" I asked, walking up to my windows and pulling back the curtains. The sunlight filled the room and I saw Danny standing next to the door with the throwing knife right next to his ear.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to him, taking the knife and putting it on my nightstand again.

"Sorry. I have donuts!" He said, lifting a hand up and showing a brown bag.

I narrowed my eyes at him and stood still. He waved it and smiled a mischievous smile.

"Give me the bag, Danny."

"Come and get it!" He yelled out, running out of my room and turning left into the long hallway. I ran to my nightstand and got two throwing knives.

I ran out into the hallway and aimed at the bag he had in his hand. I threw the knife and watched as it flew past him. I groaned and ran after him. I followed him outside, threw the second knife, and jumped in victory as it cut the bag and fell to the ground.

Danny didn't notice though, so I ran to the bag, picked it up and ran back inside.

I sat patiently, eating a donut and waiting for Danny to return. About three minutes later, he came in with an annoyed look on his face.

"How did you get the freaking donuts from me?" He asked, taking a seat next to me and snatching up a donut.

"Throwing knives," I said simply, eating more of the donut I held.

"Ah, yes. I remember you were bad at throwing them. You kept practicing and practicing until you were the best of the best," he said.

I smiled. "Yes, sir!"

He made a face at me and picked up another donut.

"So when are you going to want to go back to Atticus?" He asked.

"Today I suppose." I said.