Chapter 5 - Atticus

Wolf Hunter

Wolf Hunter

© Copyright 2015 - Please do not copy any part or idea from this book.

Chapter 5

"Vitani! What happened to killing the Gamma and his mate?" My father screamed at me through the phone.

"Well, the Beta just so happened to be there," I replied.

"Then you kill him too!" My mother yelled out. I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Mom, stay out of this."

"Honey, you were supposed to kill the pair. If the Beta showed up, then that would've been even better! You would've gotten rid of the Alpha's top defenders! You completely ruined your one good chance!" My dad yelled.

I realized he was right. I completely ruined my chance at getting rid of two of the highest ranking wolves.

"I know what I'm doing!" I yelled, and hung up.

I don't want to deal with their crap.

One hour lectures on the phone? No thanks. It's pointless anyway, it's over and there's no way of going back. They think I only have one chance? As if I couldn't make for other chances at killing the beta. I'm not stupid, I'll end them all anyway. Who cares if I didn't kill them now?

My head began to pound and I huffed. I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed the bottle of pain killers I left on the kitchen counter. I decided on 2 pills, grabbed a cup of water and quickly swallowed them. Maybe a nap will help with the oncoming headache.

*~*~*~*~*

Beep.

What was that sound?

Beep. Beep.

Whatever that sound is, it better shut up before I destroy it.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Okay, that's it.

I stood up, in search of the noise making device. I located it after it made four beeps and realized it was a call from Chris. I rolled my eyes.

"You better have a good reason for waking me up. If it's a crap reason, then I'm just letting you know you have finished signing your death sentence." I mumbled into the phone. I heard a gulp, then a shaky voice speak.

"I found the phone number of the Alpha. You can call him and make a threat now. I was ordered to call you immediately by Mitchel." He spoke.

"A threat? What am I, a gangster? A thug?." I growled out.

"Ah, I'm just following orders, Miss Vitani." It was almost like a squeak. A pathetic squeak.

"Alright, whatever. Send me the number." I said and hung up. I threw my phone on the bed and walked over to my luggage, picking out an outfit for the day.