Chapter 9 - The Shift

Remember, Dylan O'Brien as Atticus ;)

Wolf Hunter

© Copyright 2015 - Please do not copy any part or idea from this book.

Chapter 9

"You have to come with me," was the first thing he said after the long silence. I laughed.

"I am not going into a house full of wolves that would murder me the second they saw me," I said with a chuckle. He growled.

"I won't let them hurt you. No matter how much I dislike you, you're still my mate. Not a hair on your head will be touched."

"That's so reassuring," I spoke with a sarcastic tone. He rolled his eyes at me.

"You're impossible."

"You are, too."

"Shut up," he said, going serious. I stood quietly in my place, watching as he lifted his head and took a whiff of the air.

"Sarah?" He asked.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Shh. Sarah, come out!" He yelled out.

Who the hell is Sarah?

All of a sudden a girl jumped out of nowhere, landing in some sort of Spider-Man pose, head down and hair covering her face.

She threw her head back, her thin hair flying back and landing gracefully on her back. A smirk appeared on her head as she stood up.

"And who the hell are you?" I asked her.

"Sarah," her melodic voice filled the air.

"Yeah, well, you just interrupted something, Sarah." I didn't even bother hiding the irritated tone in my voice.

"Does it look like I give a flying fu-"

"Girls, enough!" Atticus cut in. I turned to look at him at the same time Sarah did.

"Who the hell is she?" I asked, pointing my thumb at her.

"She has a name," she spoke, picking at her hair.

"And does it look like I give a flying f-"

"Enough!" Atticus growled out.

"She's Sarah, a vampire I decided to help out. She has nowhere to live," Atticus explained.

I stared at her at noticed the light sparkle in her pale skin.

Of course she's a vampire, I thought with a roll of my eyes.

"Oh, please, as if she even needs a bed to sleep in?"

"I don't, but I was pretty comfortable sleeping with him," she said seductively, licking her lips.

Something within me snapped.

"Listen, twinkle toes. Unless you want me to tear your body to shreds and to shove a stake in your cold heart, you better back the hell up." I hissed, taking out my silver sword and aiming it at her. Atticus quickly ran up to me, holding me back before I could even swing my sword at her.

Sarah laughed.

"Like you even know how to use a stake?"

"I do, actually. One of my acquaintances was a vampire hunter and showed me how to make one. Even better, how to use one," I threatened. I watched as her pale skin turned even more pale, if that was even possible.

Atticus growled out.

"Stop fighting you two, or I'll-"

"You'll what?" I asked.

"I'll shift." he said, crossing his arms over his sculpted chest. I heard a scoff come from Sarah.

"I'm leaving," she said. In less than a second, she was gone.

I rolled my eyes.

"I've seen wolves shift before, thank you very much." I said, turning my attention back to him.

"Have you seen an Alpha shift?" He asked with a smirk.

"Plenty of times," I replied.

"Fine then. Don't blame me when you ask for new pants," he laughed. Then his hazel eyes turned a glowing blue color, and his teeth became sharp. He growled at me and I literally fell back on my butt.

Why is him shifting scaring me?! I've seen so many Alphas shift exactly like he did and all I would do was laugh, right before I killed them. Why is Atticus shifting so freaking horrifying?

He stopped before he turned into a full wolf and stared at me with his blue eyes, mouth open slightly.

"Scared?" He whispered.

I shook my head vigorously, but I could feel my eyes were as wide as saucers.

He laughed, teeth turning normal and eyes going hazel again.

"Of course not," he chuckled, offering me a hand which I gladly took.