Chapter 10 - The Pack

Wolf Hunter

Wolf Hunter

© Copyright 2015 - Please do not copy any part or idea from this book.

Chapter 10

"You'll be fine."

"If they come at me, I'll cut them," I warned.

"They won't go at you, I'll stop them before the thought even enters their heads," Atticus said with a roll of his eyes. I took out the pocket knife I had in my pants and opened it.

I slid my thumb across it various times, checking to see if it was dull. I turned it and poked my forearm with the tip of the blade various times.

"It's not dull. It can do some harm," I said thoughtfully, running my fingers through it again.

"Give me that," Atticus scolded, reaching for it. I instantly reacted without thinking, slashing his palm when it was within reach of the knife.

"What the hell?" He pulled back his hand and stared at it, eyebrows furrowed and mouth in a frown.

"Sorry, instincts got the best of me," I apologized.

"You just cut me," he said slowly, staring at his bleeding hand. He looked up at me.

"At least it isn't a silver blade!" I laughed out nervously.

He rolled his eyes and licked his cut various times. I watched the magic happen right in front of me. His cut slowly started to heal, leaving no scar once it was completely healed.

"That must come in handy," I said casually. He nodded.

"If it's with silver though, it's way harder to heal," he said.

"I know that."

He shot me a look that made me shut up.

"Sorry," I said with a grin.

"So, you're a sociopath?" He asked, looking over at me. I frowned.

"Mhm, why?" I asked cautiously.

"You don't seem like one. Sociopaths are emotionless. Right now, you're acting playful and are apologizing. I'm sure that most sociopaths don't apologize often," he explained, walking further into his territory.

I followed after him, thinking about what he had just said.

He's right. I'm not my usual self. What's happening to me?

"I uh.. I guess I'm very good at acting," I lied.

"And very bad at lying," he said. I rolled my eyes.

"Take a look at the pack members I just hurt and tell me if you saw regret in my eyes when I returned them to you," I said, looking over at him with bored eyes.

He studied me for the longest time.

"Your face doesn't give away any sign of regret."

"Exactly," I smirked.

"But your b-" he started, but was cut off.

"Alpha! Vitani is downtown! Laura just reported two of her friends missing!" I heard a voice yell out. I turned to Atticus and stared at the unconscious girls lying over his shoulders. I looked over at the pale guy and shook my head at him.

"For a werewolf, you've got horrible sense of smell and sight," was the first thing I said. Atticus dropped the girls and looked up at the buff man probably in his twenties.

"Oh," he said softly.

"Get someone to take them to the medical house while I take her to my office," Atticus ordered while pointing his thumb at me.

The man barely took notice of me, and when he did, he snarled at me and lunged.

~*~*~*~*~*

"It really hurts."

"Obviously it's going to hurt," Atticus said with irritation laced in his voice.

"I want pain killers."

"You already took the limit," the nurse next to Atticus said with a shake of her head. She took another look at the cut and scribbled something down on her sheet of paper. She quickly placed a bandage over the cut and walked away.

I stared at the poor man lying in the hospital bed with the bandage around his face.

"Sorry about that, but you shouldn't take a hunter by surprise," I said with a shrug. He glared at me.

"Oh, I'm sorry that I was just trying to protect my Alpha from the b*tch that wants to kill him."

"How did you even know that I was the girl?"

"You reek of silver," he grumbled, crossing his arms. I looked down and stared at my jean jacket, lifted it a bit and sniffed it, not smelling anything. I shrugged and let go of the jacket.

"We have to go make that speech now," Atticus said suddenly. I nodded, standing from my chair and stretching out my arms.

By now, rumors had spread faster than a thirsty girl's legs.

Everyone in Atticus' pack knew I was here, and trust me when I say that no one was happy.

Because of that, Atticus had decided he needed to make a speech to announce that I meant no harm to anyone here and that I would give up all my weapons.

Of course, I'm keeping my pocket knife with me. And my silver blade, if Atticus lets me.

I doubt it. I mean, that's what ended up making the five inch long cut on that guy's face after all.

"Can I keep my silver blade?" I asked. He gave me a look and I frowned.

"What if another wolf decides to attack me?"

He arched his eyebrow.

"Why do you think I'm making this speech?" He asked, opening the doors to a huge room full of at least fifty shape shifters. He walked in and stepped on the stage, greeting everyone in the room.

I made a face. "Why do you think I'm making this speech?" I mimicked, making my hand open and close as if it were talking. I rolled my eyes and stepped into the room, jumping onto the stage and standing next to Atticus.